FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if modifications are strickly off limits under the Ford Red Carpet lease?

I would like to put a body kit, wheels and springs on it if possible.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Any changes under warranty, not only a lease are usually forbidden.

I am doing a Red Carpet Lease, and what I do will either stay on the car [as I plan to purchase at the end of the lease term], but if not -- you can take off the wheels, body kit and springs if the dealer you work with is horrible about it.

Sometimes, they like to have a nice fixed up used vehicle at the end to attract other buyers.

I would think that ripping apart the block and doing major internal work would definately be a no-no, however.

I have done the airbox-mod, SCT tuner, tint, soon to be wheels, tires, drop and exhaust.

My dealer does their OWN customizations anyway, so I can't see them giving me a hard time over it. Really, it's all in who you deal with.

For the dealers that want to "void your warranty", have them read the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act.

"...but it is illegal for a warranty to be voided just because an aftermarket part was added to the vehicle."

Basically, it boils down to if there was a failuire of the vehicle, and the "part" you added was a DIRECT cause, that failed part would not be covered in warranty. If you added a K&N Intake and the wheel fell off -- that'd be covered.

·
Registered
43 Posts
But wouldn't it be like Ford to try to connect the air filter mod with the wheel falling off? They look for any excuse they can to void a warranty, do they not?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They do, they have, and I've won countless times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I picked up the car tonight, the dealer said as long as I don't do any major engine work it will be fine (ie. bolt on modification). :klavergreg:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts