FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title would suggest, I'm in the process of modifying my SE tail lights and making them like the Titanium tails with the LED ring around the entire light. So far I have the tail light housing opened up, LED's installed around the center, and a plan for wiring. From the looks of it, all of the wiring is already inside the housing for (what I'm assuming) a $1 LED board which would make all of our lights into titanium style lights. I can't for the life of me figure out why Ford would charge so much for the titanium lights...In the pics keep in mind that I've got the darkest Lamin-x on the lens too. These things are bright!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I ran into a bit of an issue, so I sealed up the one tail light and put this project on hold. The tail lights came open easy enough, but the little ones that mount on the trunk lid don't open so easy and I didn't want to break them. This project could be done with a little time, and about $25 on parts. Much better than the $1000+ the dealer wants for new lights.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very cool mod!
Keep us informed of your progress!! :cheesy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you just buy a set of titanium taillights and switch them out? Is the wiring harness already installed on the SE to enable this?

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Can you just buy a set of titanium taillights and switch them out? Is the wiring harness already installed on the SE to enable this?
You can buy a set of Titanium tail lights and switch them out. Thing is, do you want to spend $1500 from the dealer? Alternatively, you can source them elsewhere as long as you have the part numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts