FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new company car on February 13, 2007 and when I picked it up it had 4 miles. Now today it already has over 2500 miles.

This car is so much nicer than my last company car a 06 Chevy Malibu. I am glad to see the Malibu off and look forward to the next 18 months or so in my Fusion SE V-6.

Today I finished up the install of my Sirius Sportster 4, Garmin 2610, Profit USA Smartphone Mount / Charge, IPOD and Ford Mobile Ease.

Since I drive 35,000 to 40,000 miles a year all three are a necessity. I bought a bracket for the Sirius Sportster at www.crutchfield.com , it is attached to two of the four bolts that hold the radio in. You have to file down the backside (hidden) of the faceplate for the bracket to fit, but it isn’t too hard. I ran the satellite antenna, power cord, and audio plug behind the face plate when I had it off, I put a small notch in the face plate to make room for them all to fit. Because I have a newer 07 my car has the audio plug in the center console, so I just plug Sirius in there. I ran the power cord there as well. The Sportster has a plug in the cradle where you can plug the IPOD for those rare occasions I use my IPOD. The Sportster 4 is very small compared to the earlier units. It has a built in buffer like Tivo that allows you to pause / ff / rewind. The buffer stores 44 min of music and over an hour of talk. I love this because it allows me to pause it when I get a call, and then FF through the commercials when I listen to ESPN Radio. It also has the ability to store up to 30 of your favorite artists or songs so that you will be alerted when they are on one of the Sirius music channels. I can listen to my favorite 30 artists all day if I want.

I also installed my cell phone mount and charger from www.proclipusa.com . If anyone is looking for an easy to install cell mount, these are the folks. You will need to buy the correct phone holder for your phone, and then the correct mount for your car. You DO NOT have to take apart the dash to install these things, so don’t let that stop you. My smart phone is also my email so it is a battery hog, so this way it charges when it is in the cradle. Because it is mounted up high I can see the caller ID when I get a call and I can also see when I get an email.

I installed the Ford Moblie Ease Bluetooth kit as recommended by “thereisnospoon”, and I tell you it was as easy to install as the U-Connect kit from Mopar that I installed in my Ram. I love having a buletooth handsfree kit built in, it allows me to be able to hear since it mutes the radio and used the speakers. You can turn the volume up and down so that you can hear something you can’t do with those damn earpiece units. Like the Mopar unit people can’t even tell that they are on a speaker, and it allows you to use voice dial and keep your hands on the wheel. The microphone is mounted on the a pillar by the sunvisor on the drivers side.

And last but not least is my Garmin 2610. I have chosen not to hide the power cord at this time, since I move the GPS from car to car. It is the only thing that plugs into the power outlet below the heater/ac controls. The Sirius unit and the phone are plugged into a Y-Plug that is plugged into a extension that runs behind the dash and then plugs into the center console. I hate having wires everywhere.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wow. That's some command center you have there. And you still find time to actually drive? LOL. Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
That is an AWESOME setup, TEXASWJ!!!!!!!

I LOVE my bluetooth kit!! So far it's the best thing I've ever had the idea of doing to this car. With some recent long commutes and lots of business to take care of, having the voice recognition and bluetooth capability is friggin' awesome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.