FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came home in a snow storm here in northern Virginia in my new Lincoln MKZ. It is a jet black beauty with a stone white/dark wood trim interior that is sweet (loaded with every option). I turned in my 5 year old BMW 330 CI (Coupe) after 66k wonderful miles. I need a four-door & because I love BMW products so the the thought of buying Lincoln caused me to pause...but, not for long...For the money, this car is a steal compared to buying a new 5 series Bimmer...Roughly $35k vs $50k for the same equipment. So, I'm taking a chance, but given the positive reviews on this car and the way it feels to drive...I took the plunge and look forward to some fun driving. I say hat's off to Ford for putting out a nice product. I'll report in a year from now on whether I still feel the same way. RKW

·
Registered
817 Posts
The car sounds like a beauty. Here's hoping your total experience is as positive as your initial reactions. Keep us posted along the way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I absolutley love my Zephyr (Aka MKZ). If you want the performance handling of a bimmer then consider doing eibach springs/ Racing beat sway bar. My friend drove my car; he has a 2004 530i sport pakage. He said the Lincoln handles even better than his bimmer. This was with stock wheels/tires as well.

As far snow performance; I already posted about car's winter capabilities. My advice to you: The tires are the weak link in otherwise flawless winter performance. Full thread:
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=68854.0

Ohh and Congrats.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Now I know you have the bigger engine but do you have AWD? Glad to hear you like it. I bought mine even though I wanted a BMW largely due to the price and cost of ownership factors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.