FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
only 270 hp how dissapointing... i thought this car was going to have at least 300. Lately ford has been producing some great cars but giving them below avg power. The only way to regain market share is to be competitive in every catagory. Hopefully the bean counters can still justify the 3.5 and 263hp for the fusion, no reason for the ford brand to suffer with lincoln

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Car looks great...from the front. Could they make those door seams any bigger? Have to see one in person, maybe? With all the technology in the world, you'd think someone could build better looking back-up sensors, I hate those "buttons."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I have been able to find out, these are going to be limited to 5,000 for the first build. Pre-orders have already begun with an estimated delivery date of second week of June.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=twowheelin link=topic=94738.msg1861917#msg1861917 date=1195345967]
It's a nice looking car but I think a RWD vehicle would have been a lot more effective at helping Lincoln get back into the luxury car market. This will probably be considered a 'fancy Ford' by the automotive press... :?
[/quote]

Well its based more off the S80 than anything so I dont think its gonna get that fancy ford label. But at the very least I would have made awd standard and the 400hp twin turbo engine available upon launch. It seems liek Ford is always trying to to play catch up tho. Just like with awd and the 3.5 being made available for the CD3 plaform a year later. And now the manumatic coming in 09. Why not try and be ahead of the game for once? It doesnt make sense to me.

·
Registered
619 Posts
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=94738.msg1861975#msg1861975 date=1195349253]
Well its based more off the S80 than anything so I dont think its gonna get that fancy ford label.
[/quote]

There really isn't a single part in common between the MKS and the S80 (old or new). But it has a lot in common with the Taurus though nothing that most customers will see. It's as much a Taurus as the Fusion is a Mazda 6. It's not like the MKZ or MKX which really are Ford's with different interiors and bumpers.
Surely Ford's not intentionally holding back these features, its just a matter of resources. Remember almost 10000 people were laid off this year, you can't develop everything at once. Would Ford be better to not release the MKS at all and wait a year for the turbo to be ready?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=Waldo link=topic=94738.msg1862063#msg1862063 date=1195353748]
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=94738.msg1861975#msg1861975 date=1195349253]
Well its based more off the S80 than anything so I dont think its gonna get that fancy ford label.
[/quote]

There really isn't a single part in common between the MKS and the S80 (old or new). But it has a lot in common with the Taurus though nothing that most customers will see. It's as much a Taurus as the Fusion is a Mazda 6. It's not like the MKZ or MKX which really are Ford's with different interiors and bumpers.
Surely Ford's not intentionally holding back these features, its just a matter of resources. Remember almost 10000 people were laid off this year, you can't develop everything at once. Would Ford be better to not release the MKS at all and wait a year for the turbo to be ready?
[/quote]

My bad, it seems they all share the Same architecture(S80,MKS,Taurus,etc) http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0607_2007_volvo_s80/volvo_vs_lincoln.html
I just remembered when the MKS was first announced and they were talking about not only wuld it have the S80's underpinnings but its engines as well.But it seems its got as much, if not more, in common with the Taurus.

I dont think Ford is intentiolnally holding back features, they are just not thinking ahead of time. Someone in product planning isnt doing their job.For instance when the Fusion came out, that 6 speed trans was brand new. If they had to put the money and time into developing it, they could have easily developed a manumatic option too but they didnt think about it til all the reviews asking why it wasnt there came in. On the MKS why did it take them so long to figure out the S80 V8 wasnt a viable option leaving them panicking to find a replacement. And why is awd not standard? People laugh fwd big sedans out the room.Why release a Lincoln Zephyr for only 1 year and then change your names to stuff that just confuses everyone? Why ever release the LIncoln with the 3.0.Just wait til the 3.5 was ready. Same with the awd in the CD3 platforms.Ford is always talking about wait to see whats coiming in the future. Okay, im done I think. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts