FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where to get this? i'd like to grab up a couple of these and paint them "piano black" to match the interior trim of the Fusion we're looking to buy...

anybody got the info?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I'm going to bump this because I'm slightly interested in it myself. I should have checked Fatabbot's Milan when I was there last weekend. Abbot, care to chime in regarding your Milan steering wheel? Does it come like that or are those pieces on the side stuck on in any way that you can tell?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm also interested in this. Please bump the thread with information :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've done some looking into this and you can't seperate from the steering wheel. The Milan and Fusion steering wheels also differ in this area. In the Milan, there is a recess area that the silver piece snaps into. In the Fusion this part is flush with the rest of the wheel.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I guess you could always remove the steering wheel, mask off everything else, prepare the surface somehow, and use some paint and clearcoat. I couldn't tell you exactly how to go about doing this; it's just a suggestion.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Is the airbag cover a direct fit? Example, if one bought the Milan Steering Wheel, would the Fusion cover fit? The Steering Wheel is not that expensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Based on what I've seen the air bag (assuming you can remove it without it going off) appears to be swappable. One would have to see if the connectors in the steering wheel are the same. I would also make sure that nothing screwy electronically will happen (like needing to reset the computer or something) once the air bag is disconnected and a new one installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.