FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new '07 Milan. I just got it the other week. it's a Tungsten Grey 2.3L 5-speed car with moonroof and heated seats. I can't say enough about it. it drives wonderfully.

On a side note, this is my '79 Zephyr.

It's a sleeper project i'm kind of in the middle of. It's getting a '90 5.0L Mustang drivetrain and interior along with an '04 Cobra independent rear.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Love that old zephyr I would love to have an old project car like that. Your Milan looks good too. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :)

unfortunately no heated garage = project parked for the winter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My Mom had a '78 Mercury Zephyr Z7. It had a 2.3 4-cylinder, 4-speed manual and the tri-spoke "metric" wheels that eventually ended up on the Mustang in '79. It was a fun car to drive but that engine had some design issues. It was an OHV motor and the cam followers would fall off and cause a backfire through the carb. This happened to my Mom's twice. Both time the engine caught on fire.

I love the Milan, My '06 Zephyr is the same color.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah thats what I liked about the milan-two tone looks great (fits the name nicely) my girlfriend may be getting one to compliment my fusion. I hate that they changed the lincoln's name to MKZ I liked zephyr better.
Congrats and enjoy the car (and club!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep 2-tone leather. Definitely one of the reasons to go with the merc. Plus I like the aluminum accents all over the car.

My Milan may get debadged and I may start referring to it as a Zephyr. :lol:

I've never seen a Fairmont/Zephyr with those wheels. Did it come that way?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks for the nice photos. Good-looking ride, for sure. Boz

·
Registered
153 Posts
[quote author=MNMilan link=topic=62286.msg1164123#msg1164123 date=1169561563]
I've never seen a Fairmont/Zephyr with those wheels. Did it come that way?
[/quote]

If you're asking me the answer is yes. It was part of the "Z-7" package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts