FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can find a plain mesh grill for cheap??? I like the Street Scene grill, but without the Ford emblem on it. Way too big!

Thanks,
Steph

·
Registered
505 Posts
cheap mesh grille? sure, goto home depot and buy a metal "gutter guard". if you take your time you can actually make a nice chrome mesh grille from it. I made one for my Dodge Dakota and it actually looked pretty good (plus it costs less then $10 ;))

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi obehave888802...Welcome to the Forums. This http://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=samplepack is where I picked up Diamond Mesh for my custom grill I did last Dec http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=65242.0 Its the upper left next to the quarter. I also picked up a sheet of the smaller diamond mesh (lower rite) last spring for the 4 NACA inlet ducts I picked up early summer for brake cooling & added aesthetics I plan on installing this winter on my front air dam & side skirts. They have quite the variety...just surf around the site...reasonable shipping...and both arrived unscathed.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=SGs Fuzion link=topic=92490.msg1801799#msg1801799 date=1193140088]
Hi obehave888802...Welcome to the Forums. This http://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=samplepack is where I picked up Diamond Mesh for my custom grill I did last Dec http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=65242.0 Its the upper left next to the quarter. I also picked up a sheet of the smaller diamond mesh (lower rite) last spring for the 4 NACA inlet ducts I picked up early summer for brake cooling & added aesthetics I plan on installing this winter on my front air dam & side skirts. They have quite the variety...just surf around the site...reasonable shipping...and both arrived unscathed.
[/quote]

SG, I've been wanting to do this. On your original page, you list the mesh price as 20 bucks, but on the site here it is going for 40. Has the price went up or did you get a discount?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=obehave888802 link=topic=92490.msg1801113#msg1801113 date=1193104473]
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can find a plain mesh grill for cheap??? I like the Street Scene grill, but without the Ford emblem on it. Way too big!

Thanks,
Steph
[/quote]

the street scene grill does not come with the ford emblem on it. you have to take the one off your orig grill and put it on. i did not want it on my street scene grill either so i left it off. The street seen grill(s) are great they fit nice and look great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey slate i've been doing alot of planning for when i get my fusion.
but are those 18's you got on there? What size tire? It doesnt look lowered to me but i could be wrong.

i just plan on getting 18's and getting a street scences chrome black grill and im just trying ot get a fell for what it would look like.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi mrc....unfortunately I am unable to locate the receipt for that grill...but the grill I ordered in Feb for the brake cooling inlets was 13.99 then & still is now. I dug out the remainder of the the 1st grill and can only surmise by the looks of it that I ordered the flat diamond mesh thin racing silver which is $20 because I digi verniered it & it measures only .035...+/- .001....whereas the $40 mesh is .051 thick. Anyway....it has held up quite well...not only structurally....but paintwise...though the winter is coming & they sand the crap outta the roads up here in New England. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=SGs Fuzion link=topic=92490.msg1801799#msg1801799 date=1193140088]
[/quote]

ugh i wish you did the main grill as well so i could see. the lower looks awesome i like the recessed look.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi mirrorimage...I considered it then...but decided to leave the 3 bar look for now. Thanx!!!!...appreciate the compliment!! if I run outta mods to do...maybe will do the upper grill...and definately recessed!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn, Slater, that DOES look really nice!!! I can't wait to get mine! I have to get my pix up on here so you guys can see my Fusion. I did a gun metal stripe on the hood up the roof and down the trunk to right below the license plate. On top of that is a rainbow effect flake. I'm going to do the stock wheels in the same effect.

It's hot - kinda looks like a Transformer :D ....and, she definitely is..."More than meets the eye" LOL Right now, she's being prepped for clear, so, as soon as that's done, I'll post some pix.

Thank you guys for all your ideas,
Steph

·
Registered
59 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92490.msg1802817#msg1802817 date=1193166919]
[quote author=obehave888802 link=topic=92490.msg1801113#msg1801113 date=1193104473]
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Steph
[/quote]

the street scene grill does not come with the ford emblem on it. you have to take the one off your orig grill and put it on. i did not want it on my street scene grill either so i left it off. The street seen grill(s) are great they fit nice and look great.

[/quote]

will this grill fit a milan? are the openings the same from the milan to fusion?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts