FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the car. Here in CT got to drive it in the snow two days after purchae. Bummer. Got it all dirty, then got it washed - then got it dirty again. Light years ahead of the 2003 Taurus it replaced. Can't wait for the engine to get a little looser - seems so tight it fights me, but I know the Duratec from as far back as '96 in the Contour, in '01 Taurus and '03 Taurus. Good engine.

Got everything but the optional stereo. Now want to hook iPod to car - any suggestions?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrat on your new car. I also have a V6 and yes the car gets better as you loosen the engine a bit after proper break-in. Congrats again and welcome aboard. :wavey:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=WCF link=topic=40245.msg590303#msg590303 date=1140618981]
So just what is proper break in?  Any limitations on RPM?  When is it considered broken in?
[/quote]

I am following the "book" and trying to vary the speed over the first 1000 miles. It's very hard, but I get in the "slow" lane and let the speed run at about 60 MPH for a while, then bring it up to 65, 70, then 75 (the prevailing speed on I-91 in CT), letting it hover for a minute or two at each speed.

BTW - I hope my "driving the speed limit" of 65 won't give the Fusion a bad name. It looks like (and it is very comfortable at) 80 MPH or above. The transmission is willing to drop from 6th to 4th with just a little push on the loud pedal, so seamless it's almost unnoticeable except for the tach reading. This has to be the most fun you can have for $24,000 with your pants on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts