FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Mercury Milan Premier with a dead passenger side brake light. I am trying to figure out exactly what I need. On ebay and at a junk yard the prices are quite high. I guess that is because it is an LED light. I noticed on ebay (and I think the junkyard) they are selling the complete light unit. But, do I need the whole unit, or do I just need the LED. What do I really need to buy?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a 2011 Mercury Milan Premier with a dead passenger side brake light. I am trying to figure out exactly what I need. On ebay and at a junk yard the prices are quite high. I guess that is because it is an LED light. I noticed on ebay (and I think the junkyard) they are selling the complete light unit. But, do I need the whole unit, or do I just need the LED. What do I really need to buy?
Ford has a program that extends the warranty of the taillights to 10 year/150000 miles from the original warranty date that extends to subsequent owners. "Customer Satisfaction Program 14M03"

If you are over 10yr./150K then you will have to bite the bullet and buy the whole assembly as the LED's are not serviceable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford has a program that extends the warranty of the taillights to 10 year/150000 miles from the original warranty date that extends to subsequent owners. "Customer Satisfaction Program 14M03"

If you are over 10yr./150K then you will have to bite the bullet and buy the whole assembly as the LED's are not serviceable.
You are right about that. I went down to the dealer armed with that info and have an appointment to have both lights replaced. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it to a dealer. They checked it out and replaced the driver side brake light assembly at no cost because of the "Customer Satisfaction Program" and told me to come back if the other light goes out. That's a winner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts