·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mazdaspeed3 Accelerator Pedal, custom direct-fit replacement
==================================================
Install Instructions
Krystm's Accel pedal replacement walthrough/guide

This pedal replaces the narrow stock accel pedal w/ a wider one with a bit more surface area to make heel-toeing a bit easier and also shifts some of the pedal area further away from the center console/tunnel. It is cut from 0.1" thick T6061-T6 aluminum plate and formed to match the curvature of the stock pedal. I replicated the pattern, hole size & spacing from the stock Mazdaspeed3 accel pedal. Also replicated are the location of the two countersunk mounting holes. So installation is simply a bolt on-bolt off install and reuses the stock accel pedal hardware. The pedal will be etched for a non-slip, emery board like surface and also will closely match the color of the stock brake and clutch pedal.

Pricing will be set at $23.00 shipped within the US or $23.75 shipped to Canada and internationally. Price breakdown is $20 for the pedal, $2.00 for shipping and then ~$1.00 for the paypal 2.9%+$0.30 fee (*yuck*)....for Canadians and international buyers; $20 for the pedal, $2.25 for shipping, ~$1.00 paypal 2.9%+$0.30 fee (*yuck*) and $0.50 for the paypal international/cross-border fee (*yuck* x 2). As always, feel free to leave me a tip for all of my 'hard' work. ;)

[tr][td]1.) [/td][td] rotus8[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 1/30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2.) [/td][td] small town king[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3.) [/td][td] JMS3GTL[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4.) [/td][td] ClickHere[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/05[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5.) [/td][td] MrMatt[/td][td] on hold, will pay later[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]6.) [/td][td] Mazdaspeed33 (x3)[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]7.) [/td][td] Krystm[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/01[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8.) [/td][td] jamsoffspring[/td][td] invoice sent[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]9.) [/td][td] tklose[/td][td] invoice sent[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]10.) [/td][td] maxuz[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/05[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]11.) [/td][td] sixblade[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/05[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]12.) [/td][td] Betelgeuse[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/05[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13.) [/td][td] JeepJockey[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/06[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]14.) [/td][td] irish_ayes[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/06[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15.) [/td][td] TruboPower[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16.) [/td][td] Grilla[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]17.) [/td][td] gamma500[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]18.) [/td][td] 110100100 (x2)[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19.) [/td][td] Mellman[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 3/07[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20.) [/td][td] Unoriginalusername[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]21.) [/td][td] Gentcpa[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/19[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]22.) [/td][td] joshj84[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/23[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]23.) [/td][td] Saitech[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/19[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24.) [/td][td] PirateKitty[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/19[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]25.) [/td][td] dabears2k[/td][td] invoice sent[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]26.) [/td][td] abalinka[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 3/04[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]27.) [/td][td] Lincoln[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 2/28[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28.) [/td][td] flyrevs[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 3/04[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29.) [/td][td] northmiler89[/td][td] invoice sent[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]30.) [/td][td] unclemepi[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 3/21[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]31.) [/td][td] tgrey[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 3/18[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]32.) [/td][td] Bertha[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 3/18[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]33.) [/td][td] crypt0wind[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 3/18[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]34.) [/td][td] tigermack[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 4/04[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]35.) [/td][td] Newman[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 4/02[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]36.) [/td][td] Eracer[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 5/16[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]37.) [/td][td] MadOzodi[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 5/28[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]38.) [/td][td] steven88[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 5/29[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]39.) [/td][td] fastdreams[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 5/28[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]40.) [/td][td] Retrobmx63[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 5/29[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]41.) [/td][td] MazdaSteve3[/td][td]payment received, shipped out 5/29[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]42.) [/td][td] duckduck[/td][td] invoice sent[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]43.) [/td][td] MazdaspeedRacer[/td][td] invoice sent[/td][/tr]

waitlist color legend.... green = complete; orange = production in-progress; black = pending production

·
Registered
1 Posts
Count me in - looks great!

weird, my first post after lurking for > 1 yr. This will be my second (small) mod - just added the shifter bushings last weekend and noticed a huge difference. slow and steady.....

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
List up to date.

Wow...already filling up. Looks like I will be busy during the weekends for the next couple of weeks. :D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=maxuz link=topic=99230.msg1975652#msg1975652 date=1199762298]
are you still doing speed3 projector retrofits?
[/quote]

No. Sorry, but that was just a one-off project that I did. I took sort of a calculated risk with the foglight retrofit. If I failed, I would be out the cost of projectors and the cost to replace the foglight housings. If I succeeded, I'd have a unique mod. :) There's just too much at stake, custom work & cutting, and downtime if I did retrofits...$50 projectors, custom projector shroud, custom shroud to seal the reflector bowl to the housing, also the cost of the foglight housings at ~$200 each. Once I start cutting, no chance on turning back. Status on that right now on my projectors... is I've replaced the standard issue long H3 (D2s rebased) HID bulb w/ a proper H3c HID capsule (runs parallel with the reflector bowl) = wide wide pattern with no dark spots. I will have to update my gallery with some night shots very very soon. :D

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
+1 full pedal set for us mz3 owners

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=icspots link=topic=99230.msg1975827#msg1975827 date=1199764428]
Wow Daniel you never cease to amaze. That pedal looks fantastic......

So when are you going to be making a full pedal setin this style for regular owners? Nothing against your existing sets, but this looks way better.
[/quote]

Heh. I try to when I find/have the time. Sunday I washed my car, got in and drove to get gas and thought, "This car needs a better accel pedal ... I've got about 2hrs of freetime, let's give it a whirl". Spent about 5mins removing the stock plate, picked up one of my spare accel pedal blanks that I cut a long time ago and formed it to match the curvature. I then spent about 15mins on the drill press working on the pattern. The majority of the time was just spent during the etching process ... basically drop in, walk away and let it sit for 15mins in each solution.

I may give the Mz3 specific pedal set w/ the Ms3 pattern a 'whirl' once I get these accel pedal orders out the door. My only worry is the change in size, configuration, construction, and drillable mounting locations of the Mz3 pedals through the production years. It'll take me a while to work out a good solution for that problem. ;)

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.