FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why hasn't anyone tried swapping a mazdaspeed3/6 head onto the 2.3 fusion? I know it has direct injection and it flows better. Would it bolt right up? I was asking because I want to to start modifying the little 2.3 I-4.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Chances of it being a bolt-in swap are slim. Mazda uses a different PCM to control the engine than Ford. That's why the tuners for the Fords won't work on a Mazda.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I haven't taken apart the head yet. I might also have a MS MZRt to compare with in the summer. The programming will be an obvious obstacle, but if there's a will, theres a way. This will void your warranty, so I doubt many will rush to try such a limited documented modification before their warranty is up.

I too am curious, and I believe it can be done based on what I know already. Good luck if you decide to plunge in and attempt this!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think down the road I am going to do it as well as all the cosworth parts like the crank,rods,pistons and so on. Cosworth has 14/1 compression pistons available and I wanted to run direct injection for drivability.
I want to surprise a few people with this car.

·
Registered
613 Posts
They are all very interesting parts. When I see the strong but still cheap stock crank, and I see this plastic intake mani.. I just feel its both a nice luxury for performance, as well as give the engine a bit more durability, in case I do own the car for 10+ years. I like the way you think, unfortunately not many will go so far forward to try much because of the warranty variable. Soon enough, people will be at the 50,000 miles, and running into a flurry of regular scheduled maintenance. Hopefully this will kick the performance options of our cars up a notch on all angles.

Cheers to good health and a fun time with experimentation!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.