FordFusionClub.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
So after having my pedals for over a year, I failed inspection in NJ today because they said they were slippery, so I put the old ones on which I happened to have in my car and they passed me 15 minutes later. Now I think before I put them on I'd like to find some rubber sheet or something to stick through the holes before I put them back on, so I don't have to do it again. Any ideas? I could try Lowes or Home Depot maybe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
[quote author=Skul link=topic=112958.msg3307904#msg3307904 date=1251902812]
So after having my pedals for over a year, I failed inspection in NJ today because they said they were slippery, so I put the old ones on which I happened to have in my car and they passed me 15 minutes later. Now I think before I put them on I'd like to find some rubber sheet or something to stick through the holes before I put them back on, so I don't have to do it again. Any ideas? I could try Lowes or Home Depot maybe.
[/quote]

Do they actually drive your vehicle in NJ for inspection?

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=Llory link=topic=112958.msg3308050#msg3308050 date=1251908797]
[quote author=Skul link=topic=112958.msg3307904#msg3307904 date=1251902812]
[/quote]

Do they actually drive your vehicle in NJ for inspection?
[/quote]

They have an assembly line type of inspection with 3 or 4 stations that they drive it through. They check lights, an OBD scan, walk around the car with a mirror looking at the undercarriage, and see if the gas cap hold pressure. They also seem to weigh the car or something like that. But it wasn't wet or anything so the pedals couldn't have been slippery, he just complained it didnt have any non slip rubber and decided to fail me, but I passed 15 minutes later with the original pedals back on. It'd be just kind of a pain to swap everytime I went for inspection. And in wet shoes I agree the pedals can be a bit slippery so I'll try to fix it if I can, but I'm putting these pedals back either way. Taking them off though did give me the chance to clean them properly atleast.

·
Registered
225 Posts
thanks sok07 for all your hard work getting these done. I see that you have updated your original post and I am on the waiting list at #52.

Im not sure if you had seen my post in the deadpedal thread but is there any possibility of adding a deadpedal in Silver, Flanged, Regular Pattern w/ Axela Logo?

Let me know. As I will patiently wait for these rather than buy a doo doo looking set elsewhere. Gotta support the forum members as well.

Cheers

261 - 276 of 276 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.