FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent some time searching and found bits of information all around this subject, but not exactly what I am searching for, so....

I traded in my Mazda3 today and just drove home in a new Milan I4, 5M. :klavergreg: In my garage is a set of stock 16" Mazda 3 alloys that I had planned to use as winter wheels before I decided to trade the car ( I traded it with the OEM 17" wheels). I may end up selling these and buying new wheels for the Milan, but will these wheels fit on the Milan? I know they have the same hub size and bolt pattern, but have a different offset (52.5 for the Mazda3 versus 40 for the Milan), so the Mazda wheels will sit inboard about 1/2" further than the stock Milan wheels - perhaps looking a bit odd. But will the different offset cause any clearance or handling problems? Also, could I use 12mm spacers on the Mazda rims to bring them out to the stock location and still have enough stud length for the lug nuts?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, if anyone is interested... I decided the wheels could fit if I bought some spacers, but I would have also wanted to buy different tires (55 series on the 3 versus 60 series on the Milan), and I just didn't think the style of the Mazda3 wheel looked very good on the Milan. So for what I can sell the Mazda3 wheels for, plus the cost of spacer and tires, I figure I can find a nice set of 16" OEM takeoffs or some decent aftermarket rims and tires. I posted a WTB thread in the Classifieds if anyone has a set of 16s they want to parts with.

Thanks,
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.