FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
My parents have a 2007. I really like it. Haven't had any problems, and its pretty quick for its size. It has a little stiffer ride but I don't mind it. It stays fairly tight in corners. I think my parents get tired of the bumps after a while though (they are pretty picky).

·
Registered
101 Posts
ya i know someone who has one as well

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, this is old. She sat in it..didn't like it and got out. That was unexpected but the interior looked cheap as hell and she felt too low in the seat. We're going to go with a flex. I had originally planned on buying a while back but since her car is paid off we're going to keep it for now. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
[quote author=dero link=topic=148826.msg3197476#msg3197476 date=1245965381]
My parents have a 2007. I really like it. Haven't had any problems, and its pretty quick for its size. It has a little stiffer ride but I don't mind it. It stays fairly tight in corners. I think my parents get tired of the bumps after a while though (they are pretty picky).
[/quote]

2007-2009 models have a 2.3L Turbo engine. So that why it was so peppy. In 2010 they changed it to a N/A 2.5L engine. I would imagine the pep is gone for that size of vehicle. I've also seen consumer reports that list the CX7 as one of the least reliable in its class. I only know one person with one and they have no issues. When I've been at the dealer lot in the past they have had tons of them and you can find a great deal on them.

·
Registered
607 Posts
As far as I know, its the same as the mazdaspeed engine, but they use a smaller turbo. It spools up quickly anyway.

I generally don't pay much attention to consumer reports. They have called fusions unreliable, especially the AWD ones, and I havent herd of anyone with AWD issues. Our CX-7 isn't AWD. I wonder if CR looked at an AWD one.

IMO, it is an enjoyable drive for the class it falls into.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=dero link=topic=148826.msg3430643#msg3430643 date=1259114780]
As far as I know, its the same as the mazdaspeed engine, but they use a smaller turbo. It spools up quickly anyway.

I generally don't pay much attention to consumer reports. They have called fusions unreliable, especially the AWD ones, and I havent herd of anyone with AWD issues. Our CX-7 isn't AWD. I wonder if CR looked at an AWD one.

IMO, it is an enjoyable drive for the class it falls into.
[/quote]

CR lauds the fusions and milan. Not that I trust everything they say (they rate the MKS well below average but then show all good ratings) but it's one of the reasons I bought my milan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts