FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maximum tolerance one can gain on the inside and outside without a problem. In other words can you go 20mm closer to the suspension and 25mm closer to the fender or what? It may be in here but I haven't found it. I understand there are variables but I'm looking for general, safe numbers. I use the offset calculator to get the numbers for each specific wheel but I don't know the maximum that I can go to the inside or the outside.
Based upon or working from a 17" wheel w/+45 offset.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
According to Discount Tire, you dont want to go anything below +30.It will stick out past the fender and you will have issues. And they didnt tell me this but I wouldnt go above +45 either. It may not rub but it sure wont look good at all being pulled that far in. So basically every aftermarket wheel ive seen from widths up to 8 1/2 (the wheel size didnt matter) have been in the range of +30 to +40 on the fusion,zephyr,MKZ, and Milan.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
In the thread "Fitment guide" you can find your answer. Listed with the wheel widths is the range you can play between. Yes what is listed is the RECOMMENEDED offset range from DTC. Other offsets other than the ones listed could make the tire stick out past the fender or you could run into clearence problems on the inner fender. I am running a 17X8 with a 45 offset and it sits alot perfectly flush with the fender.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=94895.msg1860272#msg1860272 date=1195251112]
In the thread "Fitment guide" you can find your answer. Listed with the wheel widths is the range you can play between. Yes what is listed is the RECOMMENEDED offset range from DTC. Other offsets other than the ones listed could make the tire stick out past the fender or you could run into clearence problems on the inner fender. I am running a 17X8 with a 45 offset and it sits alot perfectly flush with the fender.
[/quote]

I have 19x8 with a 40mm offset and it definitely should be pushed out a bit more for the look im going for. Im seriously considering adding spacers to my car so its flush with the very top of the fender.

Do you have pics of your car that show how flush it is? Every Fusion Zephyr or MKZ ive seen(in person) with the flush style wheels and offsets in the 30's.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=94895.msg1860301#msg1860301 date=1195251980]
[/quote]

I have 19x8 with a 40mm offset and it definitely should be pushed out a bit more for the look im going for. Im seriously considering adding spacers to my car so its flush with the very top of the fender.

Do you have pics of your car that show how flush it is? Every Fusion Zephyr or MKZ ive seen(in person) with the flush style wheels and offsets in the 30's.

[/quote]You're about 18mm to the outside from factory. Would 25mm to the outside get what we are after? Looks like we're the only ones going for this certain "look" in a wheel package. :lol:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=94895.msg1860394#msg1860394 date=1195256259]
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=94895.msg1860301#msg1860301 date=1195251980]
[/quote]

[/quote]You're about 18mm to the outside from factory. Would 25mm to the outside get what we are after? Looks like we're the only ones going for this certain "look" in a wheel package. :lol:
[/quote]

At the Michigan meet this past weekend at MRT they had their Turbo MKZ there.The rims looked pretty flush to me with a nice size lip.I actually thought they were 9 inches wide. They said the measurement was 20 by 8.5 with a 35mm offset. I know if I get spacers im going to shoot for about a 30mm offset seeing as how my wheels are not quite as wide.

For comparison they had their Turbo Fusion there also with the same size wheels but the offset was 40mm and the difference was significant.

Neither cars rubbed either unless they really dumped them on the coilovers(2 1/2 inches lowere than stock).But for regular lowering spring height(less than 2 inches) they said they were perfectly fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts