FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been lurking this forum for about 2 years now. You're all so helpful. Just made the account to make this post.
I've got a Silver 2012 Fusion SEL 2.5l with all the options that I'm very proud of. I've done a lot of work the the underside; wheels,tires,brakes,suspension steering none of it stock. Rides like a cloud and I love it, however, despite the premium sound system and the sub in the trunk I find the rides to be a bit boring. Thus the inspiration to maybe perhaps manual swap it.
Has anyone here done this to one of these cars? Any roadblocks I should expect along the way? Really any insight would be great.

·
Administrator
6,125 Posts
Hi, I've been lurking this forum for about 2 years now. You're all so helpful. Just made the account to make this post.
I've got a Silver 2012 Fusion SEL 2.5l with all the options that I'm very proud of. I've done a lot of work the the underside; wheels,tires,brakes,suspension steering none of it stock. Rides like a cloud and I love it, however, despite the premium sound system and the sub in the trunk I find the rides to be a bit boring. Thus the inspiration to maybe perhaps manual swap it.
Has anyone here done this to one of these cars? Any roadblocks I should expect along the way? Really any insight would be great.
Hi DE and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. It is a major undertaking with many road blocks. Just for starters...You would be sourcing a suitable manual transmission in good condition. Then removing the old trans. Installing the new trans. PCM and TCM swaps (or reprogramming at a minimum), adding a clutch pedal and additional mechanisms required, etc. etc.

My opinion/advice would be to enjoy your car the way it is...transmission wise...and put your money into other modifications you may want, instead of making it a source of endless aggravation, and possibly a very large paperweight sitting in your garage.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
173 Posts
At least the Fusion with the 2.5 was available with the manual transmission, but I agree, a lot of time and effort required. I test drove a 2011 SE (for 2012 the manual was only available in the S) with the manual and I liked it, but would also need the Appearance Package for the suspension and wheels, which this one didn't have. Also lacked Sync and not available with premium sound, so I could see wanting to start with an SEL that you have gotten modified to your tastes.

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
173 Posts
Look for the sport model. It came with stick shift
No, you could only get the manual transmission with the 2.3/2.5 I4 in the Gen 1/1.5 Fusion. Most years only in the S, some years in the SE, and even fewer years in the SEL (2006 for example).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have completed this swap on my fusion. Reach out to me if you actually start doing it. YOU CANNOT DO THIS SWAP WITHOUT A DONOR CAR. There are just too many parts that you need…
I have a question for you I already swapped my 2011 fusion 2.5 it runs and drives but my issue is the upstream o2 sensor isn’t getting power so it runs rich. Do you know or have a pin out of the pcm where the sensor should be communicating with the computer I think it might not be connected? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts