FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding the fuel filter... I am looking at my maintenance manual to see when it is supposed to be changed (I now have 30k miles) and for each interval for the fuel filter change it says "not required for Fusion, Milan and Zephyr). So am I to assume we do not need to change the fuel filter as regular maintenance on these cars?

Also, when should the ATX fluid be changed (according to schedule)? It is every 30k for the 4F50N and 4F27E transmissions. Is that one of ours - I would guess not? At 90k miles, the manual says consult your dealer for your specific requirements. Does anyone know what ours is?

I see spark plugs are at 100k. We'll see if they last that long without issue...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Regarding the fuel filter... I am looking at my maintenance manual to see when it is supposed to be changed (I now have 30k miles) and for each interval for the fuel filter change it says "not required for Fusion, Milan and Zephyr). So am I to assume we do not need to change the fuel filter as regular maintenance on these cars?
Correct. Many newer cars "don't" have a fuel filter. Actually it's in the tank or part of the pump and designed not to need replacing.

Also, when should the ATX fluid be changed (according to schedule)? It is every 30k for the 4F50N and 4F27E transmissions. Is that one of ours - I would guess not? At 90k miles, the manual says consult your dealer for your specific requirements. Does anyone know what ours is?
We have the Aisin F21 transmission. I'm curious about maintenance on this too but according to my dealer it's "as needed". Basically have the fluid checked at recommended intervals. Supposedly it's long life fluid/system.

I see spark plugs are at 100k. We'll see if they last that long without issue...
I plan on changing mine at 60-75k if not needed before. I've seen more than a few cars come into shops for their 100k tune up with plugs seized in the heads. Maybe this won't be an issue but I don't think it's worth the risk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts