FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Fusion S that dealership says needs a laundry list of scheduled maintenance. What REALLY needs to be done?

·
Super Moderator
5,749 Posts
I have a 2019 Fusion S that dealership says needs a laundry list of scheduled maintenance. What REALLY needs to be done?

Hi SilverFusion. 35,000 miles on a 2019 model? Wow!

Dealers and shops will often try to sell us more in maintenance than we actually need. Your Factory Maintenance Schedule is either in your Owners Manual, or you were given a Maintenance Schedule booklet when you purchased your car. It includes all scheduled maintenance.

If you do not have it, you can download the PDF version of your Maintenance Schedule here, either by mileage or the complete Maintenance Schedule: https://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandservice/maintenance-schedules/

As you will see, there is not much that needs to be performed, other than an oil change (if necessary), maybe an engine air filter, cabin air filter etc. Then a bunch of checks which you can have performed for free if you have the Dealer perform "The Works Package" consisting of an oil change, tire rotation and multi-point inspection. And you can get a $39.95 coupon for The Works Package from the Ford Owners website.

Although not necessary, you may want to change your transmission fluid. It will be way early, but some people like to change it early the first time. I would recommend flushing and refillling around 75,000 miles. Up to you.

However, do not take my word on anything. Check your Maintenance Schedule and go from there.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts