FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 2008 Ford Fusion with the automatic transmission. Bought it brand new in 08, haven't really done anything maintenance wise besides change oil and filter. It now has 74,000 miles on it. Does it need the transmission fluid replaced or anything else?

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is the list of manufacturer-recommended service at 75,000, for normal-use conditions (i.e. no towing, extensive idling, dusty conditions, etc.)

Change engine oil and replace oil filter
Replace cabin air filter (if equipped)
Inspect steering linkage, suspension and, if equipped, driveshaft and U-joints
Inspect engine cooling system and hoses
Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, brake lines and hoses and parking brake system.
Inspect half shaft boots (if equipped)
Inspect exhaust system and heat shields
Inspect transmission fluid level (if equipped with an underhood dipstick)
Perform multi-point inspection (recommended)
Rotate tires, inspect tires for wear and measure tread depth
Inspect wheels for end play and noise

I have the whole document in a PDF, I can email it to you if you want, LMK. From one 08 owner to another, good luck and keep it up.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Hello all. I have a 2008 Ford Fusion with the automatic transmission. Bought it brand new in 08, haven't really done anything maintenance wise besides change oil and filter. It now has 74,000 miles on it. Does it need the transmission fluid replaced or anything else?
Hi jaslo. Just to add to shfty's reply - You can download the PDF version of your cars Maintenance Schedule Guide here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...oLogin=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&ord=91325628

You can also get PDF versions of your Owners Manual and all other important Owner Guides.

Good luck.

·
Registered
378 Posts
So that's where I got it! Couldn't remember. :chuckles:

FWIW, it says auto trans fluid should be changed at 60k for vehicles with the 4F27E transaxle, not sure which you have there, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
So that's where I got it! Couldn't remember. :chuckles:

FWIW, it says auto trans fluid should be changed at 60k for vehicles with the 4F27E transaxle, not sure which you have there, sorry.

Hi shifty. No model year of our cars (Fusion, MKZ, Milan) are equipped with the 4F27E transaxle. The Maintenance Schedule includes nearly all Ford vehicle models, so we need to read it carefully. All our transmissions recommend a 150,000 mile "Normal Service" change schedule. For those who wish extra peace of mind, changing somewhere between 75,000 and 100,000 miles might not be a bad idea. I may do mine sometime after 100,000 miles. Essentially, if the fluid is good there is no reason to change early, but it doesn't hurt.

Good FYI information - The transmission code for our vehicles is listed on the Manufacturers sticker on the drivers side door jamb. The code and trans versions are then listed in the Owners Manual. Makes it easy for everyone to find out what transmission their particular vehicle is equipped with.

Hope this information helps someone.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always take my 08 Fusion S 5 spd Manual to my local lube place. My question is I want to change my own oil. How hard is it to change the oil filter. I’m afraid to break that plastic housing on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts