FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum here. Just a couple questions I hope can be answered.

1. I have a 2017 Fusion se AWD 2.0T with 65,000 miles and I cannot seem to find any info on when the rear diff needs the fluid changed and if the front diff is integrated with the transmission and needs the fluid changed at the same time. (I am not familiar with AWD vehicles but I know there are different types of systems.) I flush the diff in my 09 Mustang GT every spring, but this being the daily driver that I do not drive hard at all I don't feel the need to change the diff fluids so often.

2. The shift from 2nd to 3rd is very harsh and will actually throw you back in your seat. 2nd will go up to 4k or higher rpms sometimes and then shift to 3rd. When I let the car warm up for 5 minutes it shifts the worst. But even when the car is fully up to temp it will still have the harsh shift. It will do it when in regular automatic mode or when I manually shift from 2nd to 3rd with the paddle shifters. Once again I do not drive this car hard at all for the intention of it lasting a long time and being reliable.

If anyone has some helpful info I would gladly appreciate it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts