FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...just got my Magnaflow 6cyl system yesterday...ordered last weds from Jusnes Modified for $529. shipped...thanx Bob for expedient delivery & Colm for $ savings referral. Here are sum pix...1st is system unpacked on my Home Theater floor...other 4 bubblewrapped items are my Razzi bod kit destined for spring install...2nd is 'isolator' Ford P# 6E5Z 5F262 AA...$4.82 which is needed to hang drivers side muffler to bod hanger already in place....3rd is 1 of 2 stainless twin tips which will be assembled to muffler outlets after removing existing tip...pix of this mod will be posted as well as before & after shots of the oem I4 to magnaflow V6 system install.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: MAGNAFLOW SYSTEM ARRIVED

Looks like a good plan. Speaking of plan, the twin-outlet tips -- what are you gonna do with those? They look too big to fit in the exhaust cutouts in the rear faring...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanx dtrkted & swoop...with regards to the twin tips...these r @ 6.5" wide...the aftermarket tips on my oem system r @ 6.25" wide...& the valance opening is @ 7." wide...so these tips will fit. I will be 'amputating' the Magnaflow tips 2nite & bolting on these twin tips to the mufflers in prep for this weekends install. I will post pix 2morrow of the muff tip mod. Then do a template of the existing cutout & duplicate cutout on the drivers side valance. The rest..ie sys R & R...should b a waalk in the paark.

·
Registered
440 Posts

OK I gotcha, youre fitting dual exhaust to your I4! Good idea, keep us all updated!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS MODIFIED

Thanx Bob!...will do...here ya go... 1st pic is mufflers from Magnaflow...2nd pic is mufflers with tips removed & tool of removal...3rd & 4th pix are muffs with new twin tips installed...5th pic ...the clamps & fasteners on the left that came with the tips would have stuck out profusely...so i scrounged some M6x12MM SS Buttheads left over from my motorcycle moding days to give the system a more aesthetically pleasing finished look. Regarding pic 2...the OD of the outlet 'stub' was cut oversized then 'ground down' so as to enable a very snug slip fit of the tip to aid in support along with the 3 fasteners. Next step is a template of the pass side rear valance tip cutout...duplicate on drivers side...cut...paint...(maybe tonite?)...and goood to gooo for a Sat AM install.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

I want to get the exhaust so bad!

·
Registered
440 Posts

Looks good so far! Cant wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
209 Posts

I dunno, I think the single tip looks way better...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Wikdmonky...as with everything else in life...its all in the eye of the beholder...and as there are sooo many single tipped dual exhausts out there...why not take a 'bold initiative' ...and go where no man has gone before...with a Fusion at least......besides...variety is the spice of life...and... i'm having fun in the process with these personalizing mods.

·
Registered
382 Posts

sadly, it's still an I-4. with the money you spent on that exhaust system, you could've gotten a Fusion with the V6 and not needed a fancy smancy exhaust system. then, for free you could have Ford reflash your PCM and you instantly have a rocket. what exactly is the point of a $600 system on a 4-cylinder? I don't get it. It's not gonna sound good, no 4 ever does. Is it just the dual exhaust thing? If so, it brings us back to the V6 and maybe you should've got that to start with. Sorry, but I call it like I see it.

·
Registered
82 Posts

[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=62448.msg1072908#msg1072908 date=1163780774]
sadly, it's still an I-4. with the money you spent on that exhaust system, you could've gotten a Fusion with the V6 and not needed a fancy smancy exhaust system. then, for free you could have Ford reflash your PCM and you instantly have a rocket. what exactly is the point of a $600 system on a 4-cylinder? I don't get it. It's not gonna sound good, no 4 ever does. Is it just the dual exhaust thing? If so, it brings us back to the V6 and maybe you should've got that to start with. Sorry, but I call it like I see it.
[/quote]

I see your point and I'm pretty sure he does as well. That said it is HIS money, and HE had a reason behind why he wanted the exhaust system (even if it might be for nothing more than show).

·
Registered
33 Posts

If he has an I4 wth the 5 speed manual and he decides to boost the 2.3 which can be done and he has a nice tone which a boosted I4 with the magnaflow dual could sound nice, then it won't be just show

·
Registered
209 Posts

[quote author=SGs Fuzion link=topic=62448.msg1072836#msg1072836 date=1163778497]
Wikdmonky...as with everything else in life...its all in the eye of the beholder...and as there are sooo many single tipped dual exhausts out there...why not take a 'bold initiative' ...and go where no man has gone before...with a Fusion at least......besides...variety is the spice of life...and... i'm having fun in the process with these personalizing mods.
[/quote]

I wasnt dissing your decision, I was just putting my 2 cents in about how I thought it looked.

I'm always down for experimentation and blowing money, its how I entertain myself...

·
Registered
596 Posts

sweet idea... cudos for having some balls :eek:))
I looked over the pictures, is it just me or are the new dual welded on tips are a lil under angle compared to the exhaust cylinder?

i can't wait to hear some sound clips!!

-best of luck

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

TGFuze…Thanx for your support…very much appreciated!
Krazykyle83…Thanx…you definitely get it!
WiKDMoNKY…no offense taken…ditto on 'entertainment'!
TheRussian...THANX!!...the tips are attached with 3 M6 SS fasteners for now & r quite secure...final 'alignment' of tip to muff on sys install...have TIG welder @ my disposal for perm attachment.
Iowaguy…hmmm…lets see ...naaw...won't even consider a response...

·
Registered
165 Posts

SG, You keep going with your mods. Always remember Opinions are like asses, everybody has one ! What fun is it to go out a buy a car and do nothing other than what everyone else does, yawn ! It's great to see somebody with the cash to enjoy their creative side and make a true custom, who would know if you've reflashed your PCM. I wonder why Mazda uses a dual exhaust on their 6 with the 4 cylinder, maybe it looks great and breaths better. Who knows ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Confusion...Thanx for your vote of confidence & ...'healthy point of view'. With regards to Mazdas exhaust engineering..sounds reasonable...i'll let you know after the install tomorrow...& 1st cruz ...as to the validity of this.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanx! dtrkted...& theres more to come...but for now...The Magnaflow Dual Exhaust install on my I4S was quite successfully accomplished in @ 4hrs. Started @ 8 AM Sat morning...pulled in garage...
1st pic..the before shot...1 jack stand under pass front...Kroiled  exh clamp @ cat/resonator...& LIBERALLY lubed rubber baby buggy bumpers with WD40 for ease of removal...& the removal of those suckers were the most energy expended on this project.
Pic 2 is @ 9 AM ...out with the OEM...ready for the Magnaflow. This is a bolt on system in regards to cat outlet pipe OD...both 4 & 6 cyl are the same...hmmm...is the V6 dia. nomimal & I4 oversized...or...the I4 nominal & the V6 undersized...fodder for conjecture...anyway...
Pic 3 is @9:30ish with pass side only loosely [email protected] this point i duct taped the Razzi rear valance so as to ascertain tip extension lenth...which was right on...sorry...no pix of duct taped bod parts on this car...when bod kit is glued & screwed on...then pix...
Pic 4 is modified pass tip opening...i.e...cut out 'beveled' section for clearance & ease of template making as well as having both drv & pass side opening identical...
Pic 5 is outlined drv side...
Pic 6 is finished drv side...
Pic 7 is 'plastc surgery' tools...white crayon from granddaughters crayola box only thing that would show up on surface...fine sawblade, fine debur bit, various files, sandpaper & some gls blk paint...plastic cuts like warm butter with hot knife...
next 5 pix are @ noon all finished & cleaned up ready to roll...
last two are @ girlfriends condo Sunday AM.
OK...some things i did above & beyond...i picked up another SS band clamp so as to be able to put one in at the cat to resonater connection instead of the $.98 u clamp Magnaflow included for better seal & ease of removal if required. I also ran a bead of Permatex Hi Temp Copper RTV on the slip connections for added sealing...carbon monixide & noise. Sound [email protected] warmed idle barely noticable inside & [email protected] spd or threw the gears...oh yow BABY..and....i do have a set of resonated dual tips to put on for noise or 'there a lack of' comparison. Anyway...its doable for those who are so inclined...stayed tuned for up & coming attractions...hmmm...lets see... how about a 'nose job' for xmas...just got my piece o 18" x 48"alum diamond mesh grill ($20) from customcargrills.com for lower air intake mod..will definately have pix.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.