FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...just got my Magnaflow 6cyl system yesterday...ordered last weds from Jusnes Modified for $529. shipped...thanx Bob for expedient delivery & Colm for $ savings referral. Here are sum pix...1st is system unpacked on my Home Theater floor...other 4 bubblewrapped items are my Razzi bod kit destined for spring install...2nd is 'isolator' Ford P# 6E5Z 5F262 AA...$4.82 which is needed to hang drivers side muffler to bod hanger already in place....3rd is 1 of 2 stainless twin tips which will be assembled to muffler outlets after removing existing tip...pix of this mod will be posted as well as before & after shots of the oem I4 to magnaflow V6 system install.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: MAGNAFLOW SYSTEM ARRIVED

sounds like you got some fun work to do!! it's sweet to look at all that stuff and go "oh man...my car is so totally going to ROCK!!"

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Looks like a good plan. Speaking of plan, the twin-outlet tips -- what are you gonna do with those? They look too big to fit in the exhaust cutouts in the rear faring...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanx dtrkted & swoop...with regards to the twin tips...these r @ 6.5" wide...the aftermarket tips on my oem system r @ 6.25" wide...& the valance opening is @ 7." wide...so these tips will fit. I will be 'amputating' the Magnaflow tips 2nite & bolting on these twin tips to the mufflers in prep for this weekends install. I will post pix 2morrow of the muff tip mod. Then do a template of the existing cutout & duplicate cutout on the drivers side valance. The rest..ie sys R & R...should b a waalk in the paark.

·
Registered
440 Posts

OK I gotcha, youre fitting dual exhaust to your I4! Good idea, keep us all updated!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS MODIFIED

Thanx Bob!...will do...here ya go... 1st pic is mufflers from Magnaflow...2nd pic is mufflers with tips removed & tool of removal...3rd & 4th pix are muffs with new twin tips installed...5th pic ...the clamps & fasteners on the left that came with the tips would have stuck out profusely...so i scrounged some M6x12MM SS Buttheads left over from my motorcycle moding days to give the system a more aesthetically pleasing finished look. Regarding pic 2...the OD of the outlet 'stub' was cut oversized then 'ground down' so as to enable a very snug slip fit of the tip to aid in support along with the 3 fasteners. Next step is a template of the pass side rear valance tip cutout...duplicate on drivers side...cut...paint...(maybe tonite?)...and goood to gooo for a Sat AM install.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

I want to get the exhaust so bad!

·
Registered
440 Posts

Looks good so far! Cant wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
209 Posts

I dunno, I think the single tip looks way better...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Wikdmonky...as with everything else in life...its all in the eye of the beholder...and as there are sooo many single tipped dual exhausts out there...why not take a 'bold initiative' ...and go where no man has gone before...with a Fusion at least......besides...variety is the spice of life...and... i'm having fun in the process with these personalizing mods.

·
Registered
382 Posts

sadly, it's still an I-4. with the money you spent on that exhaust system, you could've gotten a Fusion with the V6 and not needed a fancy smancy exhaust system. then, for free you could have Ford reflash your PCM and you instantly have a rocket. what exactly is the point of a $600 system on a 4-cylinder? I don't get it. It's not gonna sound good, no 4 ever does. Is it just the dual exhaust thing? If so, it brings us back to the V6 and maybe you should've got that to start with. Sorry, but I call it like I see it.

·
Registered
82 Posts

[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=62448.msg1072908#msg1072908 date=1163780774]
sadly, it's still an I-4. with the money you spent on that exhaust system, you could've gotten a Fusion with the V6 and not needed a fancy smancy exhaust system. then, for free you could have Ford reflash your PCM and you instantly have a rocket. what exactly is the point of a $600 system on a 4-cylinder? I don't get it. It's not gonna sound good, no 4 ever does. Is it just the dual exhaust thing? If so, it brings us back to the V6 and maybe you should've got that to start with. Sorry, but I call it like I see it.
[/quote]

I see your point and I'm pretty sure he does as well. That said it is HIS money, and HE had a reason behind why he wanted the exhaust system (even if it might be for nothing more than show).

·
Registered
33 Posts

If he has an I4 wth the 5 speed manual and he decides to boost the 2.3 which can be done and he has a nice tone which a boosted I4 with the magnaflow dual could sound nice, then it won't be just show

·
Registered
209 Posts

[quote author=SGs Fuzion link=topic=62448.msg1072836#msg1072836 date=1163778497]
Wikdmonky...as with everything else in life...its all in the eye of the beholder...and as there are sooo many single tipped dual exhausts out there...why not take a 'bold initiative' ...and go where no man has gone before...with a Fusion at least......besides...variety is the spice of life...and... i'm having fun in the process with these personalizing mods.
[/quote]

I wasnt dissing your decision, I was just putting my 2 cents in about how I thought it looked.

I'm always down for experimentation and blowing money, its how I entertain myself...

·
Registered
596 Posts

sweet idea... cudos for having some balls :eek:))
I looked over the pictures, is it just me or are the new dual welded on tips are a lil under angle compared to the exhaust cylinder?

i can't wait to hear some sound clips!!

-best of luck

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

TGFuze…Thanx for your support…very much appreciated!
Krazykyle83…Thanx…you definitely get it!
WiKDMoNKY…no offense taken…ditto on 'entertainment'!
TheRussian...THANX!!...the tips are attached with 3 M6 SS fasteners for now & r quite secure...final 'alignment' of tip to muff on sys install...have TIG welder @ my disposal for perm attachment.
Iowaguy…hmmm…lets see ...naaw...won't even consider a response...

·
Registered
165 Posts

SG, You keep going with your mods. Always remember Opinions are like asses, everybody has one ! What fun is it to go out a buy a car and do nothing other than what everyone else does, yawn ! It's great to see somebody with the cash to enjoy their creative side and make a true custom, who would know if you've reflashed your PCM. I wonder why Mazda uses a dual exhaust on their 6 with the 4 cylinder, maybe it looks great and breaths better. Who knows ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Confusion...Thanx for your vote of confidence & ...'healthy point of view'. With regards to Mazdas exhaust engineering..sounds reasonable...i'll let you know after the install tomorrow...& 1st cruz ...as to the validity of this.

·
Registered
85 Posts

yeah, modding the fusion slowly is turning into an obsession to me. that looks completely awesome. i'm jealous

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanx! dtrkted...& theres more to come...but for now...The Magnaflow Dual Exhaust install on my I4S was quite successfully accomplished in @ 4hrs. Started @ 8 AM Sat morning...pulled in garage...
1st pic..the before shot...1 jack stand under pass front...Kroiled  exh clamp @ cat/resonator...& LIBERALLY lubed rubber baby buggy bumpers with WD40 for ease of removal...& the removal of those suckers were the most energy expended on this project.
Pic 2 is @ 9 AM ...out with the OEM...ready for the Magnaflow. This is a bolt on system in regards to cat outlet pipe OD...both 4 & 6 cyl are the same...hmmm...is the V6 dia. nomimal & I4 oversized...or...the I4 nominal & the V6 undersized...fodder for conjecture...anyway...
Pic 3 is @9:30ish with pass side only loosely [email protected] this point i duct taped the Razzi rear valance so as to ascertain tip extension lenth...which was right on...sorry...no pix of duct taped bod parts on this car...when bod kit is glued & screwed on...then pix...
Pic 4 is modified pass tip opening...i.e...cut out 'beveled' section for clearance & ease of template making as well as having both drv & pass side opening identical...
Pic 5 is outlined drv side...
Pic 6 is finished drv side...
Pic 7 is 'plastc surgery' tools...white crayon from granddaughters crayola box only thing that would show up on surface...fine sawblade, fine debur bit, various files, sandpaper & some gls blk paint...plastic cuts like warm butter with hot knife...
next 5 pix are @ noon all finished & cleaned up ready to roll...
last two are @ girlfriends condo Sunday AM.
OK...some things i did above & beyond...i picked up another SS band clamp so as to be able to put one in at the cat to resonater connection instead of the $.98 u clamp Magnaflow included for better seal & ease of removal if required. I also ran a bead of Permatex Hi Temp Copper RTV on the slip connections for added sealing...carbon monixide & noise. Sound [email protected] warmed idle barely noticable inside & [email protected] spd or threw the gears...oh yow BABY..and....i do have a set of resonated dual tips to put on for noise or 'there a lack of' comparison. Anyway...its doable for those who are so inclined...stayed tuned for up & coming attractions...hmmm...lets see... how about a 'nose job' for xmas...just got my piece o 18" x 48"alum diamond mesh grill ($20) from customcargrills.com for lower air intake mod..will definately have pix.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.