FordFusionClub.com banner

WHO THINKS I SHOULD GET THE MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM ON MY FUSION I4 5 SPEED?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have been searching in and out of this entire forum and have noticed that I really see myself wanting to put the Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust System on my Ford Fusion SE I4 5 Speed! I think that it will sound pretty awesome and maybe even give me a few extra hp while I am at it. Does anyone have any first hand experience with having it on their cars? Do you reccomend it? Is there any sound resonance in the car when you drive it? Any and all info will be much appreciated! Thanks guys. :D

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Re: Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust System

This has been asked several times on the board without much response. I don't believe anyone has commented on the setup at this point. I am pretty sure it would be pretty close to every other magnaflow exhaust they make. Very aggressive and deep with little to no int. res. Its a very quality product. It is offered by several of our forum sponsors. Check with them for more information.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have asked this question and people have said that I would like it based on what I want. What I want is a nice deep(as far as a i4 can do anyway) sound without being to loud and minimal interior resonance. However, no one has posted any sound clips and i would be very interested in hearing one!. It has been suggested to me that it would sound much like a 2.3l focus but i don't believe this to be true and these are why I think this.
1. They use different mufflers
2. The focus doesn't have a resonator like the fusion
3. They have different style tips
4. last and (i think) least is they are two different style setups. meaning they are different lengths, muffler in different place and different bents.

SOMEONE PLEASE POST A SOUND CLIP!!! PLEASE???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Someone posted a soundclip of the Mazda 3 and the Fusion's I4 with the Magnaflow sounds very similar. I have the system on my car and I have not recorded a soundclip for posting yet.

Fusion I4 with the Magnaflow cat-back system:
1. Deeper tone @ idle and under load
2. No resonance inside of the car
3. Definitely does not sound like one of those add-on mufflers with a 4" tip you'll see on a Honda, etc.
4. I would recommend the system over the stock exhaust.

I wasn't suppost to modifiy this car whatsoever according to my wife due to spending too much $$$$ on my previous F150 HD (clone) truck. I've manage to install this system and she has not complained or mentioned the difference to me. You can't miss the polished muffler and tips underneath as compared to the stock exhaust, however it really compliments the car. If you play the stereo at a reasonable level while driving, then the system sound will not be noticeable.

Price, well I'm lucky to have a friend who owns a garage business here in Woodland, CA and I was able to purchase my system at cost plus tax. Let's say that the price is much lower than what I've seen advertised by as much as $100.

Maybe I'll purchase the Magnaflow for my son's Focus to compare. I wished Magnaflow made one for the Ford Five Hundred too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks everyone for your response so far! crazyaboutFusion you said that you do have the magnaflow cat back system on your I4 Fusion? If so please please please post some pics and videos, this will really help me in my decision on whether or not to buy this. I am really wanting to get that rich, deep tone that I have heard magnaflow puts out. That Honda "tin can" sound that I hear on all these "ricer cars" is what I am trying to avoid like the plague. Would you say that sense the Fusion has less back pressure because of this cat back system it would allow for more HP? And it wont give my Fusion any less mpg right? I thought if anything it would help it and give it better mpg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK SYSTEM POLL!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, SO THIS IS MY POLL. I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO PUT THE MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM ON MY I4 5 SPEED FUSION. I REALLY AM LOOKING FOR A DEPENDABLE, DEEP, RICH TONE AND NOT A "TIN CAN" HONDA CRAP SOUND, SO ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS!

PLUS I AM TRYING TO AVOID ANY INTERIOR RESONANCE.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My only clamor about the magnaflow is the price. If it were half that price then I'd get it. BTW, does Jusnes price match competitors?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Have you found the cat cheaper than Jusnes? I think a good part of his deal is that shipping is free. Let us know if you have found it cheaper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah if anyone has seen it cheaper than Jusnes please let us know! I think that he is selling it for $419.00 shipped? If anyone knows about a better deal let us all know. :shock:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a little bit of info. I got in contact with Borla and there cat-back for the fusion is in tooling. So my plans are to wait and compare it 2 the Magnaflow. I know the Borla will probably be more expensive, but I definately want the best sound I can get not that ricer sound. The deeper the better. Just figured I would let yall know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone have any pics or videos of the Magnaflow Cat back exhaust with a Ford Fusion I4?????? That would be awesome to see and definetly help me in weather or not to buy one. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got lucky and only paid $315 plus tax. It pays to have a friend in the automotive business that can purchase as a dealer and just sell the system to me at his cost.

I'm sorry that I don't have that sound clip or photo yet, however if you're wanting to improve the sound of your exhaust and add some performance, then buy the magnaflow. Don't buy one of those add-on mufflers with the 4" tip and sound like one of those imports.

Personally, the system really improves the appearance, sound, and improved performance (torque and top end hp) over the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Crazy, that's a damn good deal. I work at an auto parts store, I should start calling in some favors to see if someone can order me a Magnaflow cat for that kind of price.

I emailed Borla and here is what I got in return from them regarding a catback system:

"Thank you for contacting BORLA PERFORMANCE. Unfortunately as of right now we here at Borla do not have a date or time of when or if we may make a exhaust system for this vehicle. Please check back with our web site in 6-8 weeks to see if we have come out with anything for your vehicle. Also please consider the other BORLA options available to you immediately:

Our ProXS line of performance mufflers and tailpipe tips are available at local muffler shops – refer to our website for a listing; and

Our Universal Exhaust line is available directly from our website as well as through retailers nationwide.

We value your interest, and I have forwarded your specific vehicle request to our Research and Development Team for future consideration. If you have additional questions regarding Borla exhaust check out our web site www.Borla.com you may contact me Direct anytime Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 PST with questions or concerns Regarding our products."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IF ANYONE KNOWS...ANYBODY THAT COULD GET THE MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK EXHUAST SYSTEM FOR CHEAPER THAN JUSNES, PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!!! OR AT LEAST PM ME! I REALLY AM LOOKING FOR A DEAL ON THAT, THANKS GUYS!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=grindman620 link=topic=77423.msg1420450#msg1420450 date=1179496388]
IF ANYONE KNOWS...ANYBODY THAT COULD GET THE MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK EXHUAST SYSTEM FOR CHEAPER THAN JUSNES, PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!!! OR AT LEAST PM ME! I REALLY AM LOOKING FOR A DEAL ON THAT, THANKS GUYS!
[/quote]

cheapest i have seen it was on e-bay for $429 shipped.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I was asking because I found it somewhere for about $378 but like a dumb ass didn't book mark it or write it down, now I can't find it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did you see it for that price Mechanicboy18? Were you just skimming by some classifieds or an actually website? I would love to have it purchased and shipped to my door for $350 out the door.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It was an actual website. It looked reputable, but I can't remember what the name was. I'll look again in a few days, I won't have much time until then to look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts