·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm taking this as a no.. :(

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have sold a few kits, so I know there are people on this site with them.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Total ConFUSION link=topic=70154.msg1227949#msg1227949 date=1172266809]
Don't know how I missed this thread. I've got the Magnaflow cat back on my I4 auto. Bought it from Jusnes Modified.
[/quote]

I have a question was the magnaflow catback pipe size larger than stock or is the big diff the mandrel bending?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as i understand it it the same size. If you look at the picture from magnaflow it seems that they are mostly cuts, not bends. so what you are getting is a resonator, a muffler, and two chrome tips. What i want to know is how it sounds on the 2.3l engine, so can anyone(total conFUSION) get a sound or video clip please?? Also, i know seat of your pants isn't everything, but do you think you noticed a power difference after installation?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=70154.msg1228583#msg1228583 date=1172286602]
as i understand it it the same size. If you look at the picture from magnaflow it seems that they are mostly cuts, not bends. so what you are getting is a resonator, a muffler, and two chrome tips. What i want to know is how it sounds on the 2.3l engine, so can anyone(total conFUSION) get a sound or video clip please?? Also, i know seat of your pants isn't everything, but do you think you noticed a power difference after installation?
[/quote]

I did my straight thru muffler, K&N drop in and air silencer delete all within a few days and i could feel a little but nothing major. Could also just be me knowing they are all done as well. For me it was more the look and the sound of the muffler and the air silencer delete. As for the K&N i just hope to pick up a little in MPG. But i would have to say they were all worth it so far. If you are wanting sound and looks just get a muffler and have it installed it is a lot cheaper if you are wanting performance the cat back may be worth the extra money.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, but i don't want a lot of sound from my intake, i like the more mello deep sounds of a good exhaust, i hate the weedeater sounds that (so called) mufflers make and many kids put on there cars these days. If you ask me those are just good for cop magnets and nothing else. I was thinking or taking the resonator out, but i'm not really sure. I need to check to see what is legal here in California. I really want to hear a sound clip, because it's the sound that most important to me as well.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=70154.msg1228662#msg1228662 date=1172288093]
yea, but i don't want a lot of sound from my intake, i like the more mello deep sounds of a good exhaust, i hate the weedeater sounds that (so called) mufflers make and many kids put on there cars these days. If you ask me those are just good for cop magnets and nothing else. I was thinking or taking the resonator out, but i'm not really sure. I need to check to see what is legal here in California. I really want to hear a sound clip, because it's the sound that most important to me as well.
[/quote]
i know the sound you are talking about the kid next door has a civic ex(?) with an intake and 5 inch fart tip on it and it is high pitched and sounds like @ass. the fusion is so much diff than that. The video i posted does not do the sound justice. The video is a lot higher pitched than it really is. It is a very nice deep low tone.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Total ConFUSION, can you get a video clip possibly?

·
Registered
112 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=70154.msg1229971#msg1229971 date=1172360512]
Total ConFUSION, can you get a video clip possibly?
[/quote]
No can do. Don't have the necessary equipment.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where do you live?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well that's a little to far for me to drive to let you use my video camera lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
the 2.3L is going to have a much deeper sound than a 1.6 or 1.8L civic. If you want a deep mellow tone, I recommend going the borla route. I have had both on my 2.0L zx2 and thought the magnaflow was too obnoxious. I LOVE the borla, sound like its turbo charged the tone is so deep lol!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the obnoxious fart tube sound is exactly what I'm NOT looking for. I want mellow, not radical sound. I just got this tip and noticed something that i didn't see in the pictures online. Look at that restriction in the tube I wouldn't put that on my car. I'm gonna have to cut it out. Also, If i were to use a 2.5" muffler on a 2.25" exhaust would that create a more mellow sound?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=70154.msg1256814#msg1256814 date=1173385458]
the obnoxious fart tube sound is exactly what I'm NOT looking for. I want mellow, not radical sound. I just got this tip and noticed something that i didn't see in the pictures online. Look at that restriction in the tube I wouldn't put that on my car. I'm gonna have to cut it out. Also, If i were to use a 2.5" muffler on a 2.25" exhaust would that create a more mellow sound?

[/quote]

2.5 on 2.25 is what my car has. The muffler is 2.5 inch and the muffler shop just used an expanded pipe to go inside of the muffler for a good fit to weld on. The sound is very mellow you can hardly hear it at idle. If this muffler would have been loud (like my mustang or my old autocross neon) i would not have left it on. This is still a family car. I was going more for the look of the tip the sound is just a bonus.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just installed the Magnaflow exhaust on my I4 Fusion and the sound quality is a deep tone. It tends to mellow out with less load. This exhaust reminds me of the smaller BMW's and Lexus's in exhaust tone.

My only concern has been the fit of the system on my car. My mechanic and I have just about adjusted this system every way we could to get the polished tips to protrude past the rear valance. Mid-section pipe does not line up properly with the hanger (offset by 1").

I still like the system, however I am now going to have a muffler shop add a section of short pipe to correct the fit and atleast get the tips projecting past the valance...say by approximately 1".

Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=crazyaboutFusion link=topic=70154.msg1366331#msg1366331 date=1177573725]
I just installed the Magnaflow exhaust on my I4 Fusion and the sound quality is a deep tone. It tends to mellow out with less load. This exhaust reminds me of the smaller BMW's and Lexus's in exhaust tone.

My only concern has been the fit of the system on my car. My mechanic and I have just about adjusted this system every way we could to get the polished tips to protrude past the rear valance. Mid-section pipe does not line up properly with the hanger (offset by 1").

I still like the system, however I am now going to have a muffler shop add a section of short pipe to correct the fit and atleast get the tips projecting past the valance...say by approximately 1".

Anyone else?
[/quote]

Good i deal to have the tips come out farther. They always look better that way. When i had my muffler installed i had then do the same thing. To me it just looks better.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrads on system!! Other then the fitment issue how do you like it? Is there any chance of you getting a video or sound clip? Also keep us updated as to how the sound changes when the muffler "breaks in"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.