FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure but here goes. How tight does one tighten the lug nuts when changing back to summer tires??
100 ft lbs rings a bell. Thanks in advance fro any and all replies

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=Freddy link=topic=74657.msg1334442#msg1334442 date=1176498793]
Not sure but here goes. How tight does one tighten the lug nuts when changing back to summer tires??
100 ft lbs rings a bell. Thanks in advance fro any and all replies
[/quote]

Hi Freddy. :D Yes, the spec is "100 lb. ft.". Not sure for a Fusion or Milan Owner's Manual, but it is on page 201 of the MKZ manual.

I'm sure you already know this Freddy, since you are asking for the torque specs, but for the information of other members who may not: Always use a quality torque wrench (not an impact wrench or a plain old lug wrench, like most service garages will use), to re-install the lug nuts. This will help you avoid warped brake rotors, and other problems, later on.

Best of luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I always check the torque of my lug nuts just to make sure they're tight. Even the dealership doesn't torque them correctly. The tightest I see from them is about 85lbs. and the loosest is around 20lbs. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help. 100 it is. Have a graet day!

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=74657.msg1335793#msg1335793 date=1176527472]
I always check the torque of my lug nuts just to make sure they're tight. Even the dealership doesn't torque them correctly. The tightest I see from them is about 85lbs. and the loosest is around 20lbs. :(
[/quote]

lol most good dealer techs have impact guns that go 400 lbs foot of torque... so i would think you need to find a dealer with better tools and most dealer techs use torgue sticks that just stop working at the specific torque they are designed for. ie 80 lbs ft 90 lbs ft etc...
just giving some insight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts