FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure would be nice to have an LSD for this car.I get retarded amounts of tire spin after my modifications. And going around corners hard just sees the inside wheel spin uncontrollably. Unfortunately I dont really seeing it happen because if any CD3 buyer really needed traction and performance,theyd just get the awd.Or at least this is how I see the LSD manufacturers thinking. :(

·
Registered
840 Posts
i dunno about the lincoln, but the fusion can use the qualfie that goes in the focus or the one from the mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=95555.msg1875434#msg1875434 date=1195970050]
i dunno about the lincoln, but the fusion can use the qualfie that goes in the focus or the one from the mazdaspeed3.
[/quote]

You're talking about the 5 speed manual(I believe).They dont even offer the 4cyl in the Lincoln. I need one for the 6 speed automatic. :?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Talisman, if you find such a thing for our 6-speed auto, I'm all on this like white on rice and please, PLEASE let me know when you find it!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
ah, didn't realize this was in the v6 forum. Ask any company, they can make some custom applications... its not cheap, but people can do it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi TM,

I would suggest a more sportier suspension set-up along with stickier rubber and the existing traction control system should help the car come closer to your sporty driving nature.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
584 Posts
It would help to know if Ford is using the TF-60 or the TF-80 transmission...but I haven't seen any application of this transmission using an LSD yet...though I am keeping an eye on the Mini-Cooper S. I bet they will have one at some point. Also, if the Mini can come with shift-you-own-gears, why cant the Fusion???

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=95555.msg1877571#msg1877571 date=1196097537]
Hi TM,

I would suggest a more sportier suspension set-up along with stickier rubber and the existing traction control system should help the car come closer to your sporty driving nature.

Happy driving!

[/quote]

Yea I have both of those. It helps a little but not a lot. Car is making too much power now. Its getting really bad in this cold weather. Yesterday I was merging on the freeway, changed lanes, gunned it, the car downshifted and I got wheel hop/severe spinning at 45-50 mph! lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=95555.msg1877983#msg1877983 date=1196107088]
Hi TM,

Happy driving!

[/quote]

Yea I have both of those. It helps a little but not a lot. Car is making too much power now. Its getting really bad in this cold weather. Yesterday I was merging on the freeway, changed lanes, gunned it, the car downshifted and I got wheel hop/severe spinning at 45-50 mph! lol :lol:
[/quote]

Hmm....I actually did this today for the first time!! Scared and surprised the hell out of me at the same time! :)

I do need better tires though. When these go bye-bye, I'm probably going to be looking into something with a lot more aggressive tread....or something.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi TM,

Happy driving!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just curious, what engine mods did you do to make the car create this much more power?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=95555.msg1880172#msg1880172 date=1196186537]
Hi TM,

Happy driving!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just curious, what engine mods did you do to make the car create this much more power?
[/quote]

Well I think it was the cold weather more than anything that made me spin at 45 mph.Sticky summer tires dont like this weather.But I do spin regularly during roll on throttle around 20 to 25mph.

I have relatively light wheels, a custom premium tune done on a dyno(you really need this to extract the maximum hp out your specific car),Steeda Intake, and Magnaflow exhaust. I also have changed out all my brakes for an EBC setup. It seems that its lighter than stock cuz the car has definitely gotten faster after doing this.

I have the optimized throttle body and underdrive pulleys on order.Should be very interesting once those are put on. :lol:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I'm curious - Are you going to install the underdrive pulleys yourself? If you are, I'd like a couple of pics on the switchout if you don't mind.

I PM'ed the throttle body dude but nothing ended up happening. Does anyone SELL a modded throttle body for our car?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=95555.msg1893043#msg1893043 date=1196655632]
I'm curious - Are you going to install the underdrive pulleys yourself? If you are, I'd like a couple of pics on the switchout if you don't mind.

I PM'ed the throttle body dude but nothing ended up happening. Does anyone SELL a modded throttle body for our car?
[/quote]

Actually he does sell a modified throttle body. I just had it and tried it on my car. I was going to dyno it for him. My car was basically the guinea pig for testing it out but there seems to be a couple issues with our computer accepting the throttle body and going into limp mode so hes working out the final issues. Im sure it will be available soon for purchase however.

I also am not sure yet if I will be putting on the Pulley myself. I ordered the SR motorsport set. But I will be taking pictures of the process either way for everyone on here(they have been on backorder for over a month now however so not sure when that will be).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think Zexel Torsen makes a T2 differential for it. They make one for the Focus. I just put a T2 in my 07 MUstang GT. This is my 3rd Torsen (T2). I've put them in three of my mustang's.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Crap...my mod money was shot down bigtime today after I bought the wife her Christmas present. I really would love to have an LSD on this car because of the same reasons Talisman stated. Although I can break pavement at 45-50, this isn't a regular occurrence. However, breaking pavement at 20mph is almost always the case. I think that putting aggressive tread tires on the car would cut down on this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Let me say I never used any underdrive pulley's. I didn't even they existed for the fusion. I decided to research them a bit. Here is what I found:

Another perspective is that auto manufacturers such as Saturn are always trying to squeeze the last 1/10 of a MPG from their vehicle’s fuel economy estimates. Big dollars and big engineering budgets are dedicated to this task, and you can bet that if any component could be underdriven further (a potential plus for fuel economy) and still meet its performance and durability bogeys, it would have been already.
Because there were no pulleys available at the time, we went to the extreme and actually REMOVED the accessory drive belt (only for one run, of course) to see what the impact would be to ZERO drag due to the accessory drive – sort of pulleys with infinitely small diameters. We figured that if we saw a big gain without a belt, that the pulley gains would be somewhere inbetween, right?

We fired up the dyno and low and behold, removing the belt netted a whopping 3 HP (and we’re rounding UP). That's it. The number was repeatable, and even correlated to data run earlier on the doomed BMW motors - they saw similar results in their application.

So what do you think about his article?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=95555.msg1908725#msg1908725 date=1197219804]
Let me say I never used any underdrive pulley's. I didn't even they existed for the fusion. I decided to research them a bit. Here is what I found:

Another perspective is that auto manufacturers such as Saturn are always trying to squeeze the last 1/10 of a MPG from their vehicle’s fuel economy estimates. Big dollars and big engineering budgets are dedicated to this task, and you can bet that if any component could be underdriven further (a potential plus for fuel economy) and still meet its performance and durability bogeys, it would have been already.
Because there were no pulleys available at the time, we went to the extreme and actually REMOVED the accessory drive belt (only for one run, of course) to see what the impact would be to ZERO drag due to the accessory drive – sort of pulleys with infinitely small diameters. We figured that if we saw a big gain without a belt, that the pulley gains would be somewhere inbetween, right?

We fired up the dyno and low and behold, removing the belt netted a whopping 3 HP (and we’re rounding UP). That's it. The number was repeatable, and even correlated to data run earlier on the doomed BMW motors - they saw similar results in their application.

So what do you think about his article?
[/quote]

Go to the Mazda 6 forums and do research on underdrive pulleys. Each engine is different but on ours, they make a significant difference. Also, it compliments other modifications meaning the more that is done to a car, the more it will help.

Underdrive pulleys are optimized for a stock setup and you have to be careful when replacing them. For instance, if you have a rediculously large sound system, your cars charging system will be slightly down on power and it may hurt strain the altenator. Will it make a difference on a stock cars electirical system? Not at all. It wont even make a difference on a small aftermarket sound system. Also, people worry about the pulley balancing the stock crank. This is a serious concern when you up the horsepower on a car putting more stress on the engine but fluidampr is in the process of making a pulley where it is balanced just like the factory units.

Also, these dont make huge hp right off the bat. Were only talking like 6whp(up to 10 if you include the accesory pulleys) here but it helps the car rev much faster and when you run your air conditioning, it doesnt sap power from your car. It also improves gas mileage as mentioned before. But were talking about an average of 2-300 dollars for the crank pulley and maybe 400 for the entire set. In comparison, a magnaflow exhaust costs you 500-600 bucks and MAYBE gives you like 3 to 5hp on a stock CD3 vehicle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts