FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL V4 2.5 L I’ve had for a year will be 2 in October.. bought it with 63,369 miles never had any problems with her until about last July I was driving and I stopped at a red light and went to accelerate and heard a very loud grinding/vibration noise coming from what sounded like the front passenger side.. it literally scared me to drive it so I called a local tow truck and had him take a look at it but he said only thing he could think of was maybe a lose motor mount but he really didn’t have a answer for it.. so it stopped doing it for a while up until about 1 month ago.. when you go to accelerate after stopping at red light, stop sign or even coming up a hill it makes the very loud grinding/vibration noise.. I was letting my boyfriend drive it to see if he heard anything and it wasn’t just me but he heard it as well and I actually at some points felt the vibration from the grinding sound through the floor underneath my feet and so has my boyfriend...
Can someone please explain what this sound could possibly be?? I’ve taken it to 3 mechanics in the past year and they can’t seem to FIGURE OUT the issue for the noise
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
REALLY HOPING IT IS NOTHING TO EXPENSIVE

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first thought would be loose torque converter bolts, but only because that happened to my 73 Camaro. I'd get Betsie on a lift as soon as possible to have her checked out. If it is that, and if it fails completely, you never know where the shards will fly.

Might want to check here, too, to see if anything sounds familiar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts