FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new to me two month old '06 zephyr. i have begun the process of tasteful mods. the rear has been de-badged and its merlot color has been clayed and polished to a high shine.

now i am thinking about the front end. the bumper covers for '06 through '09 appear to be the same. the zephyr was blessed with a black plastic lower grill and inserts for the fogs.....too much black! i believe that the mkz lower grill and inserts- you know the ones, there is a line a chrome which stretches across the lower front width of the car- can replace (plug and play) the oem black zephyr pieces.

so, as the title indicates, i am hunting for these parts. anyone have them or have a lead, i would be appreciative.

thanks in advance......lakeside

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Welcome to FFC! Some pics would be nice of the car to help us visual learners ;)

As for your questions, I agree completely and will be doing this next spring when my bumper gets re-painted.

Lower Grille:
http://www.partswebsite.com/fordpartswebsite/?i=2&model=1232&make=135&year=2007&section=102&catid=30119&subcatid=31864&partid=0&type=parts&image=KF06000&imagecallout=7

Covers (for fog light bezels):
http://www.partswebsite.com/fordpartswebsite/?i=2&model=1232&make=135&year=2007&section=102&catid=30119&subcatid=36671&partid=0&type=parts&image=KF06000&imagecallout=6

Just make sure to check the "From 9/04/06" units.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, canadian. been to other similar parts web sites with similar prices. as an aside, doesn't it just kill you how a little bit of chrome on these lincoln pieces causes the price of these parts to rocket up?!

car-part.com has these from time to time at much more affordable prices.

on a another mod- the feeble looking exhaust tips on our zephyrs also bothers me. i am also looking for the 2010 fusion sport trumpet tips. i think visually there are few (stock oem) tips that provide the visual impact or that look as nice. not interested in the big oversized coffee can look.

thanks for your help. as to pics.....well i am technologically challenged (ie, over 64)

lakeside

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Yeah, chrome trim always drives up prices :( but it looks so much cleaner with the zephyr grill than the MKZ. I dont like how the MKZ grill is split in the middle horizontally.

I also agree that the tips need some sizing upgrades. They seem too small for those cut-outs in the bumper. I was thinking of looking into getting the 3D Carbon tips which look fairly similar to the sport tips, but they seem to be hard to come by.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts