FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 Fusion SEL. I am having a hard time locating the BCM (Body Control Module) on my car. I just purchased HIDs for my car and its seems like if i were to turn them on while driving down the road they flicker and on my message control center it says "check right/left headlamp", whether its day or night. If i were to start my car at night and then turn the lights on normally they flicker also. Now if i turn on the lights first and then start my car the HIDs are fine, no flickering. I called Pilot HIDs and explained them that problem thinking it was just the company that i bought them from and its not. I was told all brand will do it. Your Daytime Running Lights are getting in the way. I need to disable them. I have two options.
1) Get into the computer and disable them throught there- called my local Ford dealer and they said they couldnt do it. DAMN!
2) Locate the BCM and cut one wire/cap and send other one to ground disabling it. Well i used to have a grand am gt and thats the way i disabled them. I just cant find the BCM and not really sure what wire is what. Has anyone attempted to do this or possibly knows where the BCM is? Or maybe knows how i can get an electrical diagram or schematic of my car? Any help or suggestions would be great.

Also, Has anyone had this same problem? I am not really finding anyone else with similar problems!

-RJ

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Not currently no, I am sure with some time and work it can be found tho. Wasn't it located under the "glove" box on the pontiac?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea actually it was located right behind the glove box. I wasnt sure if its the same setup tho since its a different car. Whats a PDF?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Call up the dealer and see what they say. What is the worst they are going to do? Couldn't hurt right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.