FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! :wavey: I was wondering if any forum member, who is "on the inside", would know what specific changes have been made between the JOB 1 (start of production), and JOB 3 (current production run), 2007 Lincoln MKZ?

For example, I know there was a recent TSB for a TCM (Transaxle Control Module) reflash, which might trigger a JOB # change? Is that the extent of changes, or were there more?

Did the MKZ change over transaxles to the new Ford/GM "joint venture" 6 speed from the original Aisin? I also realize the changes can sometimes be relatively insignificant (like a change in the shape of the trim lettering or radio knobs, supplier changes, etc).

This is just a quest for personal enlightenment, nothing life threatening, :wiggle: so thank you in advance for any help you can give! :cheers:

·
Registered
619 Posts
All MKZs have had the joint venture trans. Only the 3.0L stuck with the Aisin.

As for "JOB #" changes, Ford is now batching all changes to hit at one time to save confusion. So a Job 3 build is likely just when a bunch of little things hit. Some can be improvements like the trans reflash, but others are cost reduction items.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Waldo link=topic=76398.msg1380143#msg1380143 date=1178119447]
All MKZs have had the joint venture trans. Only the 3.0L stuck with the Aisin.

As for "JOB #" changes, Ford is now batching all changes to hit at one time to save confusion. So a Job 3 build is likely just when a bunch of little things hit. Some can be improvements like the trans reflash, but others are cost reduction items.
[/quote]

Hi Waldo. :D Thanks for the reply. I want to say up front that I am not trying to be a wiseguy, since I understand that when writing a short post, it is hard to know how a person is coming off. I do appreciate your help.

However, at the very least, early production MKZ's did not have the joint venture transaxle. Mine has the Aisin (built in mid 11/06). It has the Aisin AW F21 Trans code (B) on the "Safety Compliance Certification Label" on the door jamb, and the Owners Manual lists the Aisin AW F21 (code B) as the only trans available at that time. I wonder if that has changed between introduction of the 2007's, and current production?

I understand that most times, JOB changes are minor things. However, I was hoping to find out if someone has the details as to whether that is the case here, or if there are more substantial reasons for the JOB # changes from 1 to 2 to 3 (e.g a switch from the Aisin to the Joint Venture trans).

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me. :cheers:

·
Registered
817 Posts
bbf2530,
Does anyone know the cutoff date for the 2007s? When will the plant begin making the 2008s? Anybody know what will be different about the '08 Fusions, Milans and MKZs? The transaxle changeover sounds like a major change to me, bbf2530, if that is indeed the case.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=urnews link=topic=76398.msg1381516#msg1381516 date=1178143751]
bbf2530,
Does anyone know the cutoff date for the 2007s? When will the plant begin making the 2008s? Anybody know what will be different about the '08 Fusions, Milans and MKZs? The transaxle changeover sounds like a major change to me, bbf2530, if that is indeed the case.
[/quote]

:hijacked:​

Hi Boz! :wavey: Now, you know I luv ya, right? :bowdown: Good! And I hope your gas mileage is improving :hide:, because, like I said, I really do luv ya! :bowdown:

I just wanted to point out that you jumped in and fired off three questions in this post, before I even was able to get an answer to my original question. You're killing me. :bash: Now stop doing that, or else I will have to come down to "flat as a fritter" Salisbury, Maryland, and give you a good talking to! :slap:

Of course, you know I am joking about the talking to. But I would appreciate some help, if anybody has information concerning my original question.:D

Thanks, and good luck all. :cheers:

·
Registered
817 Posts
BBF2530,
My sincere apology for the thread drift questions. I do hope you get the answer to the Job #1, Job #2, Job #3, MKZ questions, especially the transaxle part. Good to see you are still active on the forums. Boz

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Waldo link=topic=76398.msg1385649#msg1385649 date=1178293147]
Does your car have the overdrive cancel button? I thought that was only available on the JV trans.
[/quote]

Hi Waldo! :wavey: Yes, it does have the overdrive cancel button. That feature must have been available on the Aisin tranaxle, because trust me, my MKZ has the Aisin.

I double checked the code on the "Safety Compliance Certification Label" again, and it is "B", which is the code for the Aisin.
Do you know if current production has switched over to the Ford/GM joint venture trans in the MKZ? I was figuring that would trigger a JOB# change for sure. Anyway, if you would keep me updated on any further info you may find, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Waldo. :cheers:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Looks like I was wrong, I thought all 3.5s went with the JV, but I guess it's only the Edge/MKX and the future stuff.

Changing the trans mid-year would be a major deal, since the car would have to go through re-certification, which is very expensive. Since the MKZ had to be recertified anyway with the 3.5, there's no way Ford would do it twice for two different transmissions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts