FordFusionClub.com banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Made the change tonight

Incandescent vs. LED

Both LED

These are the bulbs I bought: http://amzn.to/1gj5U5q (36mm 6-SMD 1.5" Canbus Error Free Dome Light LED Bulbs 6411 6418 C5W)
I will say they nearly didn't fit; They need to be rotated some to fit into the socket, which made me wonder if the light was going to hit right. It hits well enough.

I did also change the reverse lamps, but didn't get any decent photos. Not sure they're that much brighter, but they distribute the light more evenly than the regular bulbs did.

·
Registered
420 Posts
that looks awesome man, im seeing if i can order these up for my 12. a lot of these guys dont ship to canada so we will see

good thing for the canadian amazon having the same stuff. only one ship speed and its slug speed so i ll get these between march 17th and april 2nd. probably end up forgetting i even spent 5$ on these haha

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Those are okay bulbs. The heatsink is solid.. but I did have one fail on me recently.

I personally don't like the 6 Led bulbs on a single bulb. Too bright for my taste. The ones I got have 3 led bulbs per bulb.

Also be careful so that the heatsink doesn't touch the base of the housing otherwise you'll pop a fuse (I learned that one last week).

·
Registered
420 Posts
im hoping they arent bad. on the canadian site they dont have anything with just 3 LED's that i could find that ships to canada. maybe if its too bright i ll just stab 3 of the lights out or something haha :p

·
Registered
420 Posts
Seen a couple reviews about these ones where one of them will just burn out after almost no time at all. For 5$ it's an oh well product if it doesn't work out

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just wanted to drop in here that I bought
for the license plate on my 2011 Sport and they fit perfectly. There are certainly cheaper options but I am happy with these. Would have preferred 4000K but they look good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to drop in here that I bought these Sylvania LED bulbs for the license plate on my 2011 Sport and they fit perfectly. There are certainly cheaper options but I am happy with these. Would have preferred 4000K but they look good.
I just got these too, and they look great! I will try to post a picture when it gets darker tonight. I would definetly recommend these, and they were easy to install, and are also bright!

·
Registered
420 Posts

so went to my local hid seller here in town because hes been so good to me with my hids. saw online he has these bad boys for 8$ a pop and what do you know. its working. got a split housing on the left side so im only rocking the one bulb till i find a cheaper housing, ford wants an arm and a leg for a 2 inch long plastic bit with 2 metal prongs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's my license plate LEDs for my 2014 Fusion Titanium. Pretty much the same thing, but 194 (W5W) type bulbs. Notice I also upgraded the backup Lights too (921) to a 19-LEDs tower style bulb.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Some of these bulbs that the other members have are just crazy. I bought LED's 3 years ago and they were bright then, still working in my other vehicle. Now with these new ones, crazy bright. Can't wait to get mine all changed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok old thread I know but need some help. How is everyone's LED License plate lights holding up? Over the last five years or so I've constantly had to replace mine due to them going out or flickering. I've gotten some from amazon, and some from superbrightleds.com. I've heard it's because of the heat.

Can someone tell me if this is just something I have to live with or is there a LED light out there that will last in the license plate enclosure? Thanks!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts