FordFusionClub.com banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
[quote author=Fox Fader link=topic=186054.msg4201078#msg4201078 date=1331674677]
36 worked pefect in mine.

If you have the metal cased bulbs, they don't like to be squeezed too hard. They tend to push the contact on to the housing shorting them out.

This is what I'm using. Nice and bright.

[/quote]

Hmm, ill give mine another shot tonight.. Maybe I am messing up something blatently obvious.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like I was being stupid. Got the one in, but it looks like moisture got into the second housing and rusted one of the clips off. Does anyone know the part number of the housing so I can order a new one?

It appears to say B36LB or 836LB on it, but when I search that I dont get anything.

Edit: Makin an ad in the buy/sell lol.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
[quote author=Trainass link=topic=186054.msg4201676#msg4201676 date=1331743192]
[quote author=Fox Fader link=topic=186054.msg4201078#msg4201078 date=1331674677]
36 worked pefect in mine.

If you have the metal cased bulbs, they don't like to be squeezed too hard. They tend to push the contact on to the housing shorting them out.

This is what I'm using. Nice and bright.

[/quote]
I had a set of those. Were pieces of crap! Burnt out on me within a couple weeks. The ones that I got aren't sold any more but, these are the closest that they (V-Leds.com) have: http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-Bulbs/Dome-Map-LED/White-LED/5K-WHITE-CANBUS-PROOF-p9594396.html

Have had them for almost a year now, lasted 2 winters, and a drive across the country and back (with HOURS upon HOURS of night driving). They are still running strong and solid. I'd suggest a set of these.
[/quote]

These are not the cheap China one's now. These are German made if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
286 Posts
even though this is an old thread, ill just leave this here lol ... i got my license plate bulbs on ebay from china, just gotta look for a member that has a high and good comment rating and has alot of pieces sold of the product you're buying. I bought mine a few months ago and they're still going strong.. here's a pic of em..they have 3 LEDs in each bulb..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just ordered some license plate LEDs from Amazon along with puddle lamp LEDs. Thanks for the write up. Can't wait till they get here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered mine from China also on eBay from what looked to be a reputable seller who sells a lot of these. Got them in and can't get them to work. Is there a positive and negative or any trick to installing these? I got one working, then switched them around to try and get the other going. Now I haven't been able to get either going.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Basically LEDs work only one way. And i dont get it; you put in one side and then changed the bulb or switched it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Easiest. Mod. Ever.
Wrong color bulbs though... :x

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
That sounds weird . I have led lights in my license plate and they work great. they're sylvanias from autozone. didn't want my license plate to stick out like a sore thumb so I went with those. Make sure they're on the bulb braket tight and check all connections . hope u figure it out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi sorry if it's been mentioned or if I missed it but can someone please provide a link to a place where I can buy the actual bulbs to use?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bump Bump. Looking for these bulbs still. Google gives me so many different results that I don't know what the true bulb is.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
First pic is the other ones I got. Stupid bright (I broke the other bulb by accident trying to tilt it to block some light)

Second pic is the new bulbs (I posted eBay link above)

41 - 60 of 79 Posts