FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody familiar with a good shop that does interiors around the NJ/NY area? Im looking to just put leather in my seats I cant stand my cloth its gets dirty too easily not to mention i have Dogs, now they dont actually sit in my car but my clothes sometimes carries dog hair right on the seats my local shops are charging me like $950 just to upgrade the seats not the door trim and all im asking is plain black leather nothing special well maybe red or white stitching. is there any website i can get stock leather covers? is it hard to put them on and what tools would i need? thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=95074.msg1863285#msg1863285 date=1195425491]
anybody familiar with a good shop that does interiors around the NJ/NY area? Im looking to just put leather in my seats I cant stand my cloth its gets dirty too easily not to mention i have Dogs, now they dont actually sit in my car but my clothes sometimes carries dog hair right on the seats my local shops are charging me like $950 just to upgrade the seats not the door trim and all im asking is plain black leather nothing special well maybe red or white stitching. is there any website i can get stock leather covers? is it hard to put them on and what tools would i need? thanks
[/quote]

Hi dino426. :wavey: Try here www.katzkin.com. They are not hard to do (of course, all things are relative) if you want to take the time to learn and do it right.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=95074.msg1863399#msg1863399 date=1195429809]
[/quote]

Hi dino426. :wavey: Try here www.katzkin.com. They are not hard to do (of course, all things are relative) if you want to take the time to learn and do it right.

[/quote]

thing is I dont see Ford Fusion in their "search for your interior " option. have you tried them? are they expensive and I really need to know how hard it is to install.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=95074.msg1863553#msg1863553 date=1195434782]
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=95074.msg1863399#msg1863399 date=1195429809]
[/quote]

[/quote]

thing is I dont see Ford Fusion in their "search for your interior " option. have you tried them? are they expensive and I really need to know how hard it is to install.
[/quote]

Hi dino426. :wavey: Take another look. The Fusion is listed. I checked before I posted the link. Contact them and see what the pricing is.

As far as how hard it is, it depends on how skilled and determined you are, and we can't answer that. What kind of skills do you have concerning automotive mods? Ideally, you will need to remove the seats from your car. That will take some work, including electrical connectors and wrench work. If you have the side airbags, you will have some other concerns as far as the removal and installation. You will need some specialized tools to remove the old, and install the new covers, etc, etc..

It is entirely possible to do it yourself, but an extra set of skilled hands would certainly be helpful. If you are leery, or do not have someone you know who is familiar with this type of work, you may be better off paying a professional.

Also, while I am not familiar with them, the company which RiverFusion linked to looks good also. I'm not sure what the pricing would be for either.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think I'm just going to go and break into Abbot's car - it'll be cheaper AND I'll get the interior I want :)

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=95074.msg1871343#msg1871343 date=1195708831]
I think I'm just going to go and break into Abbot's car - it'll be cheaper AND I'll get the interior I want :)
[/quote]

Bastard :lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey bro thats kinda mean i would just invite him over ur house get couple of guys hold him hostage and just do your swap and let him go free, no broken windows :D

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=95074.msg1873122#msg1873122 date=1195830194]
hey bro thats kinda mean i would just invite him over ur house get couple of guys hold him hostage and just do your swap and let him go free, no broken windows :D
[/quote]

:dur:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=95074.msg1873122#msg1873122 date=1195830194]
[/quote]

lol

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
See, after Christmas the plan was to go over to his house so that I could "record the sound coming from my Magnaflows" over at his house with the Christmas present he would hopefully be getting......now my cover is blown about my REAL intentions! DANG!!!!!

Seriously though, keep me posted if you get that recorder. I'll bring beer as a peace offering :)

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=95074.msg1897834#msg1897834 date=1196815123]

Seriously though, keep me posted if you get that recorder. I'll bring beer as a peace offering :)
[/quote]

LOL :)

Kinda ontopic, is anyone else obsessive about maintaining their leather? My wife makes fun of me constantly. I clean/condition it every 2 weeks. The rear seats (where no one sits...) are like a mirror...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts