FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I won this auction on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=190143460243&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:US:11

Yes, that's me. Can you believe I've been on ebay with the same username for 10 years now?

Anyway, I thought this would be an awesome opportunity to upgrade to leather interior. All in all, it cost me 500. If you look at the parts, there are a lot of extras...door panels, console and more. I don't know what I'm going to do with it all.

I have a question and maybe you guys can answer it for me. On the auction he lists "dark grey" as the color, yet it looks black to me. Even the trim code says "BLK". These are black, right? Did Ford make leather seats for the Fusion in dark grey?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Isn't it Camel, Sandstone and Black? Thats all I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought. Like I said, leather interior factory cost 900. and it cost 1K to get leather done aftermarket. For 500. I get the leather upgrade, still have my old cloth seats and get extra parts.

If anyone is looking for some spare interior parts and/or black cloth seats in great condition, let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Wow, 349 is actually a pretty decent price for this - Hopefully shipping isn't going to be something like 2 grand :)

Very affordable - and if someone ruins something, you've always got another entire spare interior.....whoah...that's kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'll let you guys check it out when I'm out that way in a few weeks. :lol:

Shipping was 160. total. Already paid for it. Mods that will be done in the next two weeks (on the way or here just waiting on install):

Leather interior upgrade
Fog light add with black bezels
Black Ford emblems (front and back)
Third lower grill bar

After that, I HAVE to get my double-din DVD player.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=88915.msg1710588#msg1710588 date=1189651724]
Well, I'll let you guys check it out when I'm out that way in a few weeks. :lol:

Shipping was 160. total. Already paid for it. Mods that will be done in the next two weeks (on the way or here just waiting on install):

Leather interior upgrade
Fog light add with black bezels
Black Ford emblems (front and back)
Third lower grill bar

After that, I HAVE to get my double-din DVD player.
[/quote]
Hey mrc,
Just to be real nosey, are you making or buying your new emblems and if Ya don't mind my asking, from whom if you are buying? I love the old blue oval but it doesn't really match Merlot. Know what I mean? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Halo, I am buying the emblems from customemblems.com There is a post about the rear emblem removal. Bassnutz and I both ordered a black set. I should be receiving next week...I'll let you know details when I get them.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=88915.msg1713153#msg1713153 date=1189738136]
Halo, I am buying the emblems from customemblems.com There is a post about the rear emblem removal. Bassnutz and I both ordered a black set. I should be receiving next week...I'll let you know details when I get them.
[/quote]
Thanks man--I caught the post but didn't know if anyone actually bought them yet. I'll be interested in the quality of them. I figure the black would probably be better on my merlot than the blue factory. Whadda ya think? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Merlot would look real cool on your car. He makes many different colors. Look at all the different colors. I think even silver would look real cool on a Merlot car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
would have to be black leather it's the ONLY dark color available from ford. LKQ is a pretty good huge salvage yard parts distributor.
Do you plan to put in the leather or having it done? Leather is a pain at times to install, but it is possible.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=wingfoot link=topic=88915.msg1715248#msg1715248 date=1189820877]
would have to be black leather it's the ONLY dark color available from ford. LKQ is a pretty good huge salvage yard parts distributor.
Do you plan to put in the leather or having it done? Leather is a pain at times to install, but it is possible.
[/quote]

Well, it's not the seat covers. It's the actual seats from an 07 Fusion. I'm going to take out my cloth seats and put these in. It even ships with the leather package door panels.

·
Registered
407 Posts
What a steal!!!! Nice score man.

Oh, my black emblems got shipped out on Thursday, I should have them on Monday.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=88915.msg1711126#msg1711126 date=1189684216]

Hey mrc,
Just to be real nosey, are you making or buying your new emblems and if Ya don't mind my asking, from whom if you are buying? I love the old blue oval but it doesn't really match Merlot. Know what I mean? :cheers:
[/quote]

Actually, we got them at fordemblems.com. But it looks like Scott has stopped taking new orders as of 9/23. I'm glad I got my order in already.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=88915.msg1715785#msg1715785 date=1189864004]

Hey mrc,
[/quote]

Actually, we got them at fordemblems.com. But it looks like Scott has stopped taking new orders as of 9/23. I'm glad I got my order in already.
[/quote]
I found the site the other day. Is he just back logged or what? Hope he's not like the guy with the engine covers and just quits making them!
BTW-Does he have the big oval for the front or did you have to send your in?

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=88915.msg1715804#msg1715804 date=1189865255]

I found the site the other day. Is he just back logged or what? Hope he's not like the guy with the engine covers and just quits making them!
[/quote]

Scott provides all the emblems. And yes, he has the right sizes for both the front & back emblem. I have no idea why he's stopping taking orders. I have not talked to him about it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=88915.msg1715824#msg1715824 date=1189866635]
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=88915.msg1715804#msg1715804 date=1189865255]

[/quote]

Scott provides all the emblems. And yes, he has the right sizes for both the front & back emblem. I have no idea why he's stopping taking orders. I have not talked to him about it.
[/quote]
This is good. From the pics on the web they look great. Gotta have a set, no doubt.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=88915.msg1715785#msg1715785 date=1189864004]

Hey mrc,
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, that said 9/23/06. I think he got a cease and desist. So, for his privacy, we should probably keep this quiet. :lol:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
:werd:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts