FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hot does the leather seats get in summer time? I'm not worry about winter cause I rather have a cool seat than hot. I have the money to put custom leather on my Fusion and I am going with the Classic Soft Trim Company or should I go for the Sunroof? There is always mixes feeling towards leather seats!

G

·
Well, leather seating can get "scorching" hot in the summer. Even if you have jeans on and you sit on them your ass will still get quite warm. You would probably also have to tint your windows to reduce some of the heat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Leather seats are miserable hot in the summer. I would never, ever own a car with leather seats (at least not as long as I live in Texas).

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got black on black. Looks great but is frickin' hot in the summer! ...and that's with 20% tint.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=lammer link=topic=75424.msg1357013#msg1357013 date=1177293358]
I've got black on black. Looks great but is frickin' hot in the summer! ...and that's with 20% tint.

[/quote]

I also have black! It gets hot as hell. I need to get tint on mine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of what I hear people like leather seats but just for the nice look you rather suffer in summer and get hemorrhoids lol. But there is always those cover seats for those hot days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll have to disagree (and I'll probably be the only one....).

I lived in FL 8 years, always had leather furniture and leather seats in my cars. Just like you warm up a car in the winter, cool down the car in the summer before getting in. It only takes 2 minutes; aim the vents at the seats full blown for 2-3 minutes and it's fine.

I choose leather for many reasons; allergic to dust (can you imagine what's it's like; cause it's soooo everywhere...), I'm a smoker (smell doesn't stay in as much), it looks better, easy to clean.

Now, here's the good news for you, if you are getting it custom made; threat yourself with 2 tones, double-stich or something. And while being there, (yes, it's more expensive...), for a two-tone type of seat, the seating area (where people complain it's too hot... :huh, you could have this fairly new fabic on the market that adjust well to the temperature. I really don't remember the name of it, but ask them, they will know for sure; it's their domain.

And like the other one's said; tint WILL make a big difference.

Thumbs up for leather!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also disagree. I have a Ford Freestyle Black ext/Leather Black Interior. My wife was worried about our kids getting burned on the seats in the summer, so, before I bought it I went to the Dealor on a day that was 90 Degrees and sat in one. Seats were quite Warm, but, I wouldn't say hot. Didn't get burned or anything. After driving a few minutes, AC cooled it down and it was fine. I am a leather fan since it looks great and very good for the winter. I don't think you would have a problem. You can also get a sun Visor thing for the windshield which helps.
p.s..My lease is up in the Fall and I think I'm going with the Fusion SEL.

Damian

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have black on black with the mustang, and when the top is down driving around town the seats are unbearable at times!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok well there is mixed feeling in here, so I guess im going to try the leather seats, hope i dont regret it!

·
Registered
910 Posts
You won't. I can't stand anything but leather myself. Easier to clean, looks nicer and I swear they're more comfy than cloth seats in other fusions. They do get hot though with or without tint. The secret is to cool the car down before getting in if possible. I see you got the seats, enjoy

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have a black car with black interior and black leather seats with a silver insert. Plus I live in South Florida. I really don't think its that bad, but I guess I'm used to the heat. :D

I have 15% tint and I keep one of the windshield reflectors in the car when I'm not in it. It makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have leather seats already. I love them so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your reaction to leather seats depends on how used you are to the heat.

It's 100 degrees around here and I'm used to driving with tan leather and the windows down. (Although - I have a two-tone Fusion, so the black steering wheel gets really hot.)

However, I am thinking about getting a set cover because my back gets drenched in sweat from the leather.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Steering wheel gets way to hot! Definetly gonna use a windshield cover. I have tint as in my sig and also leave my sunroof shut but still its hot.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love my leather seats. The extra heat in the summer doesn't bother me one bit. I love the heated seats even more in the winter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Two words.

Remote Starter.
Turn the AC up to full blast before you get out. Start the car remotely a couple of minutes before you get in. No problem, even with my black leather.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts