FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've added 18" wheels and replaced the stock THX system with a Pioneer Avic D3, Kicker KX700.5 amp and Kicker L5 sub. I'm too lazy right now to direct link the images but here is a link to my cardomain:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2552183

I bought the wheels from a member on this site. He was great to deal with and the wheels were in perfect condition.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Rims look nice on the car. Very classy. Also like your spoiler. wait, we both have the same one. ;)

In car domain; I see that you had OEM nav. What did you do to it?? Is the pioneer really that much better?

The wood trim (dask kit) allows you to use the darker match pioneer unit. In a stock Zephyr; I doubt it will match. It will probably stand out of place.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The OEM Nav is a good unit. Unfortunately, it lacks support for full iPod control or the ability to have both XM and Sirius tuners. I also wanted Bluetooth integration. I am getting ready to put the OEM unit up on eBay. It's a plug and play installation if the car has THX II already.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey man nice wheels!! Where did you get em?!! LOL, they look really great and I'm glad it worked out for you. Your car looks awesome man.

Mike :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
do you know if OEM Nav is plug & play w/o THX-II??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, I do have all the factory components removed, including the amps and such. If you remove the carpet panel on the right side of the trunk and snap a pic I should be able to tell you if retrofitting is possible.

BTW, what does your center dash look like? I've not seen the non THX dash!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Thanks for the great "action" shots with the Pioneer Nav. I am definitely considering doing this upgrade. I am not sure about loss of the 6 disk changer, but then again..... I would have Ipod integration. :party:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris, don't forget that Pioneer also has the 6800dvd which is a 6 disc in-dash DVD changer. I believe there will soon be a replacement model with iPod functionality like the D3.

·
Registered
221 Posts
[quote author=NaplesBill link=topic=76325.msg1379671#msg1379671 date=1178065310]
Also, I do have all the factory components removed, including the amps and such. If you remove the carpet panel on the right side of the trunk and snap a pic I should be able to tell you if retrofitting is possible.

BTW, what does your center dash look like? I've not seen the non THX dash!
[/quote]

Here is a center dash of no THX

A better way for me to know if retrofitting Nav is possible is that you take picture of the back of OEM Nav unit and tell me which plugs are pluged in. I would really appreciate this. Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The plugs are the same. The problem is going to be in the powering of the speakers. I know that the only way to get the factory nav is with THX.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think Lincoln did it that way to force people to buy THX system. The nav unit is very similar to the one on the fusion just different color. Was pluged in by 2 plugs and radio antenna plug?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts