FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Dune pearl Fusion. and I have no range on my driverside headlight. Hi beams are fine. The dealer told me it was normal for these, but it seems down right dangerous. does anyone else see a difference from drivers side to passanger side headlamps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
drive up to a garge door at night and take a good look at the cut off lines . .they should be mostly the same ..

The passenger side cutoff should rise up off to the right to illuminate signs.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I created a thread on this the other day. You're not the only one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yup, same exact thing here. I live out in the country so its quite noticeable. Especially irritating is an occasional short downhill
slope that gives me what seems like zero range. Loving the rest of the car though after 5k miles!

Desertman
06 Pearl Dune I4

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
[quote author=Cudos link=topic=44670.msg823522#msg823522 date=1152897220]
Yes I find the low beams suck. High beams are nice, especially with fog lights.
[/quote]
Please explain...do you have them re-wired to stay on with the high-beams? We've been trying to come to a solution about that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My fogs were added after, I have the SE, I work for a Ford dealer and had my tech wire them in properly. He asked me if I wanted them to turn off when the high beams were on, I said no. I had to buy a new headlight switch but now I have the exact same functioning fogs as the SEL, except I still have the option to have both on at the same time.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Can you go back to him to see what he did? That is what we are trying to accomplish, but we do not know what relays/wires to cross, cut or otherwise, modify.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm off now till the end of nxt week,(holidays) I can try and get him to explain best as he can and hope nothing is lost in the translation.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Amazing. Thanks so much in advacne.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I can't wait for this one.... I keep fooling around with it to make it work but just can't seem to keep them on with the high beams.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Figures. I aimed mine up a tad, but it's still kinda like, the beam pattern almost. I don't know...but it blows.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ahh.... Gotta love HID's :) :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Amen to that brother Russian!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
has anyone heard if Sylvania will be building Silver Star bulbs for these cars. I heard they were then i heard there was some new headlight law holding them up???

·
Registered
833 Posts
I know they have them for the High beams.

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote author=dmg link=topic=44670.msg938128#msg938128 date=1157658962]
Consumer Reports said the same thing. But they said the Mercury didn't have that problem.
[/quote]

So the Merc's ellipsoids illuminate the road better? Time to get my Hella DE in the Fusion low beam...

Alex

·
Registered
94 Posts
I adjusted my lamps up just a turn or 2. Made a bit of difference

1 - 20 of 22 Posts