FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hood would look sweet as hell on my car!!!!

And not a bad price at $374.00 (minus painting)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'd have to see it on a Fusion first... No offense, but it just looks like a metal louver vent plastered on a Fusion hood. :shock:

I could be wrong, but I think I'd rather see it on a Fusion first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ugly, its way too high and its made of fiberglass....just get a VIS carbon fiber hood once they start making them. Fiberglass is not gonna fit well i think.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=backside link=topic=83255.msg1559147#msg1559147 date=1184531458]
ugly, its way too high and its made of fiberglass....just get a VIS carbon fiber hood once they start making them. Fiberglass is not gonna fit well i think.
[/quote]

Almost all aftermarket hoods are fiberglass...if it's a quality hood it will fit with no issues. Here is the driver and passenger side body seams on my current fiberglass hood.
Hoods on the production ended Chevy Camaro SS and all Corvette hoods along with a few others are fiberglass from the factory.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/quote]
Yeah, my buddy that does all the paint work on my car said it'll fit like shit. But I still think it's a cool hood.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=fusedup link=topic=83255.msg1559169#msg1559169 date=1184532473]

Almost all aftermarket hoods are fiberglass...if it's a quality hood it will fit with no issues. Here is the driver and passenger side body seams on my current fiberglass hood.
Hoods on the production ended Chevy Camaro SS and all Corvette hoods along with a few others are fiberglass from the factory.

[/quote]

Does it look like its a quality hood? its on ebay for gods sake. I know manufacturers use fiberglass but i would def go with a better company or reputable brand if your going for that look. Ive worked at a body shop @ a ford dealership so i have experience with shit people buy off ebay and try to put on their car (specially on fords with all the crap they make for focuses)

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Backside,
Your original statement was..."Fiberglass is not going to fit well I think"

My comment is that certain fiberglass hoods do fit and they have for years on many cars. I made NO comment about this particular hood!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=83255.msg1558148#msg1558148 date=1184467409]
This hood would look sweet as hell on my car!!!!

And not a bad price at $374.00 (minus painting)
[/quote]

Ummmm, no. :slap:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=83255.msg1567405#msg1567405 date=1184792610]

Ummmm, no. :slap:
[/quote]

Yeah, the more I look at it, the less I like it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think my favorite part is the wolf with wings......oh....that DOESN'T come with the hood? Well F-THAT!!!!

</sarcasm>

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would like this fiberglass hood, but without the vents. There
are any carbon fiber hood for the fusion. Can I paint a carbon fiber
hood to any color, or you can't?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah you can paint the carbon fiber hood. Carbon fiber is designed to be lightweight and strong, not look cool.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[/quote]your factory hood is most likely made of fiberglass... the exterior part anyway... laid over a metal frame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts