FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ford,

Please look into getting a second color for the fancy new integrated remote-entry keys, so people that have spent a WAD of money on TWO new Fords can tell the difference between the keys!

Thank you very much. :awais:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm gonna bump this, because now I have two new Fords again (Taurus & Mustang), and two big, black keys that look exactly alike and are a bitch to put on a keyring. So not only do I think they oughta give you one blue (Ford blue!!) and one black key, I think they oughta get some keyrings made and throw 'em in that still close after you pry them open enough to put the key on.

Sent my two color suggestion to HQ a couple years ago and never got an acknowledgement. Guess they think it's stupid. :( I think it's a brilliant idea that might not even cost them anything... especially if they're already adding color to make the black keys black.

·
Registered
552 Posts
You would probably need special plastic paint or it would chip off over time. Ironoically I saw some of this at Wally World the other day, and it was called "Fusion" :lol: A better solution would be for Ford to just make the back section of the key (the part you unsnap for battery replacement) to be a different color.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Krylon fusion is excellent for pretty much any plastic. I have used it a lot in the past. Prep is key. No pun intended. :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
[quote author=Milan Premier link=topic=100704.msg3608485#msg3608485 date=1270834612]
(the part you unsnap for battery replacement) to be a different color.
[/quote]

Ford (or an after market plastics mold company) interested in making some dough should seriously think of that!, I'd be all over that!
$5 charge for a $0.50 of colour plastic. (with a spot for the dealer to put their name???) win win for everyone!
So simple, its brilliant!
C'mon FORD keep thinking forward!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I did run across these a month or so ago. I think they were around 7.99 and worked with the newer key styles.

The next time I run across them I'll post the link... :csweeney:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts