FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the exterior keypad (like the one on the Zephyr)?

Just wondering if its at all possible and the cost involved?

I'd prefer the vertical kind that attached to the window, vs. the one on the Zephyr (that one looks "thrown on", kind of "out of place"...not like the ones on the old Taurus' within the handle or the ones on the Explorer series).

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I would love to install one if these as well. I agree with you that the new ones look like they are stuck on. I think its because the new ones not hardwired like the older ones were. :dunno:

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW, you can get a keypad installed by your local Ford dealer for a small price(about $200 if i remember correctly). It sticks on and works via your keyless entry system. It actually doesn't look bad if its stuck on a black location.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wonder if the "PATS" control module has to be changed ???? The dreaded DTC code of "P1260" would not be a good thing..... :lol:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I think that the keyless pad is nothing more than a key fob with a code mounted to your car door! At least the add-on systems are.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=FUSIONMARYNBOB link=topic=56664.msg946636#msg946636 date=1158074363]
I HAVE ONE ADDED TO MY SEL FORD PART NUMBER 3L2Z-14A626-AB $183.78 LIST FROM FORD.
[/quote]

Do you have a pic of what this looks like? I think we would all like to see what this looks like.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the one in the add pictured in ebay. Think that is all thats available. Works great, programs like key fob. Should you purchase clean the area of all wax with alcohol prep . Mine fell off (Hot Summer) or was taken..pity :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts