FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, somebody decided to flush one of my remote keys down the toilet.. ummm ya, so i hope being in the water it is dead..

but, how do i get another? i would hate to drive around with only 1 key.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Dealer will rape you for over $100.00

OEM fobs can be found on E-bay for around $40.00 and usually come with programming instructions. You will still have to get the key cut to your vehicle igniton #.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I glimpsed over the purpose of the design and function of the key, whereas it is like no other. My question is, does this make the Fusion impossible to be hot wired (stolen) or something?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=Double Vision link=topic=90034.msg1740671#msg1740671 date=1190837113]
Here's one for 20 bucks 'buy it now".

That part # is correct for my 07 Fusion. Then you just need to tell your dealer your original key # so they can cut it if it is a blank key.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-0...008QQitemZ180161796930QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
[/quote]

called dealer.. $113 for key and $45 for program, iam sure they wont want to program a key that isnt from them? lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
Most dealers will program a key provided by you but if for some reason it don't work they will charge you extra.

Ceace: I've never heard of anyone bypassing the PATS system that Ford uses. To be able to program a new key without having two spares requires a 10 minute wait period.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=90034.msg1740769#msg1740769 date=1190839085]
Most dealers will program a key provided by you but if for some reason it don't work they will charge you extra.

Ceace: I've never heard of anyone bypassing the PATS system that Ford uses. To be able to program a new key without having two spares requires a 10 minute wait period.
[/quote]
Ohhh, nice to here. So I guess I can wait to get an alarm system installed untill I get my new head unit and woofers installed since I can relax knowing it is hard for someone to steal the car without the key. Oh, sorry for jacking your thread Mgallum. I just wanted to know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please correct me if I 'm wrong . I bought my Milan used and through a dealer error wound up with 3 keys . the third is just a valet key I had to program myself.
You may want to buy 2 spares. Once the dealer programs the second key you can then program the third yourself. I keep the third in a safe place. It will open the door and start the car if needed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=90034.msg1740769#msg1740769 date=1190839085]

[/quote]

my dealer said 45 min to program

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thats about right for them to cut a key and get everything setup would take about that long. I meant that once the equipment is hooked up and all keys are ready then they have to wait 10 minutes to get access.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Programming takes like 30 seconds. I did mine following the instructions in the owners manual. It did require 2 keys but that is just nuts if the dealer is charging you $45 to do it. Did you wait to see if the key and fob started to work after it dried out. my wife washed my keys in my pants pocket one time. i let it dry out and it works just fine now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.