FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the gym last night and turned off the Milan. Key wouldn't come out of the ignition. 15 minutes of fiddling with it, the brake, the gearshift, off and on, etc., and no luck, stuck like chuck! Took it in to the dealer today, they had to replace the shift assembly. Some little micro switch was bad. Got a free oil change out of the deal too. :)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Yea, this seems to be an issue. Somewhere on here is a post where this has happened before.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh yea, there is a TSB call on it. I saw it on my Ford Tech main site, I was looking at the fusion TSB and here is quick answer to it. YOU NEED TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER.

FORD: 2006-2007 Fusion
LINCOLN: 2006 Zephyr
MERCURY: 2006-2007 Milan

ISSUE:
Some 2006-2007 Fusion, Milan and 2006 Zephyr vehicles built before 9/4/2006 may exhibit a customer concern of the ignition key getting trapped or a shifter slider binding condition. Most of the key trapped conditions are caused due to a binding shifter button which does not allow the pawl to contact the park detect switch.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Typically, the customer complains of the key trapped in the ignition on a Fusion or Milan vehicle so follow the Key Trapped procedure. On customer complaints of hard-to-shift shift lever in park or slider bunching / binding, typically on a Zephyr vehicle, then follow the Shifter Slider Binding procedure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.