FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many older Fords have had their headlight plastic turn milky (much sooner then some other manufactures).

Many sights claim its from UV damage.

So, what can be done to hold off this horrible fate?

Is there a wax like product that can be put on the plastic to protect it?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Put some of that 3M film over them. The haze is the sand blasting effect caused by everyday driving. There are two types of film you can use for this, thicker film designed for headlights and the thinner film used for the paint. From talking to several dealers, including one who does a Rolex Series Porsche, there is no need to use the thick film. I even have the thinner film on my car. The Fusion headlights are VERY easy to install. If you want, I can get you some prices. Shoot me a PM

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can also try a plastic polish like meguiars or plexus. There are several brands that make a polish for plastic. It keeps it from turning yellow and takes out scratches. I use mequiars, I've used on it all of my previous vehicles, on my motorcycle helmet face shield, and even my ipod. Works great. Stuff like this isn't readily available at the store though. I usually end up ordering it through autogeek.net along with all my other supplies. There is another brand here in England called autoglym that makes plastic polish as well, but I have yet to try it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts