FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I put the order of the Filter at Auto Zone for $47.99. Last nite I went to pick it up. I have been doing fuel economy testing with the stock paper filter for the past week. The car has been fueled full on last monday and today is empty.

I went to the nearest BP gastation and filled her up full, and installed the K&N real quick. So far, the throttle response is great, a good performance differance, and gas milage is still been determined ( I have to wait until she goes empty to see on what difference the fuel economy relates to).

So far, it is has been great and $50 well invested. Just cant say no to K&N. :cheers:

·
Registered
702 Posts
hmm no follow up?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the only difference is an extra 3mpg which we will need for these insane gas prices. Makes me want to trade in my fusion for a diesel and just use bio diesel and vegetable oil for my fuel.

·
Registered
212 Posts
3MPG?!?!?! Same routes, driving habits? That's HUGE!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My Milan with the I4 has 2k miles on it now and I want to run one or two more tanks through with the stock air filter to get a better idea on fuel mileage now that it should be broken in. I am getting my K&N today and will put it on and give everyone a report on how my mileage is affected in the next week or two.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The price I found today on truckperformance.com was $38.99 + $10 shipping! Not a bad base price but their shipping is wacked, and that was using their cheapest shipping option.

[quote author=crazyaboutFusion link=topic=67187.msg1377540#msg1377540 date=1178001669]
www.truckperformance.com had the best price I could find @ $32.95. Helps some. I've always replaced the stock paper filters with K&N when applicable. I also replaced the filter in my wife's Five Hundred with the K&N too.

[/quote]

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
yeah I bought mine through ajusa and would recommend doing so. Great filter but I can't say I've gained more than 1mpg. Does seem to improve the nature and enjoyment of the engine though. Hell I just like the way it looks and feels those big thick cheap filters I just don't like messing with them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea same routes and driving habits. I drive 100 miles a day. I have a log sheet I did on comparing the stock filter to the K&N. I basiclly went by my oil milage. I did 5k miles with the stock filter and then another 5k miles with the K&N. And I compared them both and yep a nic big diff on mpg.

Plus I dont really go more then 75mph on the highway, and that speed is when I am late which is once in a blue moon.

If you have a K&N try these driving habits.

1. Take off is a slow easy manner and dont take of like you drive for the NHRA. (specially if your wheels are bigger then 18 inch)
2. If the speed on the road is 65mph go 55-60mph.
3. Try to coast more then leaving your foot on the gas.
4. Use your cruise controler more often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts