FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
[quote author=basstoy link=topic=148095.msg3181689#msg3181689 date=1245198519]
mines seams a bit on the warmer side..... I just don't wanna have to go to the dealer..... the recharge kits are only around 40$..... and I have the 06 SEL V6
[/quote]

Hi basstoy. :wavey: Properly diagnosing and repairing the problem is a bit more involved than simply "recharging the ac refrigerant".

First, how do you know the system pressure is low? There are other causes for a system not cooling enough.

Next, if the refrigerant is low, that means you have a leak. So even if it is a low refrigerant pressure condition, how are you going to diagnose and repair the leak? If you simply "recharge the system", it will simply leak out again.

There are tools necessary for doing the job correctly. You should take it to the Dealer or an independent shop that does A/C repair.

That would be my advice.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew I was just gonna get a reply like this.. I know all that... it does get cold.... but my dads 01 pt criuser gets so cold my nipples could cut ice... and I know its not leaking cuse my car has the florescent crap in it anyways from factory.(I checked)..and I looked in the dark with a black light , I just wanna knowhow I would just add a bit more refrigerant, just to see... there are no "L" or "H" on the black caps just one near the firewall and one near the headlight....

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
[quote author=basstoy link=topic=148095.msg3185992#msg3185992 date=1245378123]
I knew I was just gonna get a reply like this.. I know all that... it does get cold.... but my dads 01 pt criuser gets so cold my nipples could cut ice... and I know its not leaking cuse my car has the florescent crap in it anyways from factory.(I checked)..and I looked in the dark with a black light , I just wanna knowhow I would just add a bit more refrigerant, just to see... there are no "L" or "H" on the black caps just one near the firewall and one near the headlight....
[/quote]

Well basstoy, you are very welcome. :eek4:

Sorry you did not like my reply. Or, as you so eloquently put it "I knew I was just gonna get a reply like this...". Unfortunately, whether you like it or not my reply directed you to follow the correct course of action to properly repair your A/C system.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps you do not "know all that" and should listen to helpful advice when it is offered? Or at least be a bit more polite to someone who was polite to you?

I am curious: How do you think your A/C systems refrigerant managed to be under pressurized in the first place (if that is the problem)? If you are correct and your system is in need of a "recharge", then it has a leak. The refrigerant did not magically disappear.

You can not just "recharge it" without the proper tools. So I will leave it up to someone else to direct you in how to damage your A/C system.

Just as an FYI: If you did not like my advice, you could have simply ignored it, or politely stated that you understood what I was saying, but would still like to try and recharge it on your own anyway. That would have been the polite thing to do and I would have had no complaints.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awww geeze.....never mind.....and I never meant no disrespect by my reply.. I don't know everything. but can do most mechanical repairs with a pair of visegrips and a flat screwdriver.lol,... I just wanted the "mcgyver style way of doing it.. never mind proper tools and environmental crap.. I could care less if the refrigerant escapes.. i figured it out... it was fully pressurized, and HAD NO LEAKS.. I actually just drained most of it by depressing the valve and I just added some new stuff.....all is well and I can make frost on my windshield now....

·
Registered
1 Posts
awww geeze.....never mind.....and I never meant no disrespect by my reply.. I don't know everything. but can do most mechanical repairs with a pair of visegrips and a flat screwdriver.lol,... I just wanted the "mcgyver style way of doing it.. never mind proper tools and environmental crap.. I could care less if the refrigerant escapes.. i figured it out... it was fully pressurized, and HAD NO LEAKS.. I actually just drained most of it by depressing the valve and I just added some new stuff.....all is well and I can make frost on my windshield now....
Damn so I’m a bit late to the party but how did you release some of the pressure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts