FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
[quote author=Mister Fusion link=topic=42962.msg633441#msg633441 date=1143350928]
And, it looks spectacular.  :D

Who else cleans their Fusion at a car wash?
Who cleans their Fusion with a hose at home?

[/quote]

I do the car wash all the time.  with water restrictions during the summer it's the only way.  always looks great when I get done.   :goodjob:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use the quarter car wash & I always take a bucket,sponge & my own soap to hand wash in the bay. Last week the guy that runs the car wash recomended I use the soap from the scrubbing brush (just drain it in my bucket). He says it's better soap, with protectants, sealants & polish. So I sponged my car up & it came out great!!! (AWESOME SOAP) 8)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hand wash only.

The Milan is long overdue, but the weather has not helped at all.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I usually get a machine wash at the gas station to get the salt off the paint after snow. Even rain at this time of year gets the roads muddy and salty from left over snow removal. Car wash doesn't do a good job on the wheels, though, so I want to do it myself when I get a chance.

Only one time so far was it warm enough to do at home - posted a picture of my Merlot Fusion the day I did it top to bottom. Following day, however, it rained and ruined all my work!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Won't start washing the car at the house till it's in the 70's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=JAVELINMAN link=topic=42962.msg633564#msg633564 date=1143379859]
I use the quarter car wash & I always take a bucket,sponge & my own soap to hand wash in the bay. Last week the guy that runs the car wash recomended I use the soap from the scrubbing brush (just drain it in my bucket). He says it's better soap, with protectants, sealants & polish. So I sponged my car up & it came out great!!! (AWESOME SOAP) 8)
[/quote]

Haha, it's funny that you say that Javelinman.
The car wash I go to says buckets are prohibited if customers are waiting.

I don't use the scrubbing brush though, I only use water pressure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have mine done at a place I pay $50 a month and I can take it to get the interior/exterior done as many times a month as I want. They do more high end cars like BMWs, Vettes, Porsche, etc so I know my car is in good care there...LOL

·
Registered
377 Posts
Car washes are only done by me at home now. When I use to take my Explorer to get her washm the car wash people did not treat her right. I devote 2 - 2.5 hrs on my car washes. Everything gets detailed. I bought everything from Meguiar's to wash my Fusion right. I do everything to make my ride look great to the eye. :bigsmile: :bananadance:

·
Registered
48 Posts
[quote author=Mister Fusion link=topic=42962.msg633743#msg633743 date=1143397439]
[quote author=JAVELINMAN link=topic=42962.msg633564#msg633564 date=1143379859]
[/quote]

Haha, it's funny that you say that Javelinman.
The car wash I go to says buckets are prohibited if customers are waiting.

I don't use the scrubbing brush though, I only use water pressure.
[/quote]

Hey Mister Fusion,
I thought the car wash guy was gonna bust me, lol, but he was cool... :lol:
By the way I would never use the brush, like I said "I just drain the soap from the brush into my bucket, then sponge my car"... 8)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I use a hose and bucket at home. I guess if that guy up there has 2-3 hours for a show car and I use around 3 normally for a regular weekly wash on the Fusion -- I am taking too long!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=Brett1 link=topic=42962.msg635736#msg635736 date=1143511911]
Well my show car I never drive anymore, I only drive it to shows and meets, So I would take longer if I drove it more, when I drove it as a daily driver and showed it, I took 4-5 hours...LOL
[/quote]

Okay, now that's a little excessive.
:lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Never take it to the car wash, I make my kids do as punishment.
But you can bet that every weekend at least one of my boys is washing a car.
They prefer this over me taking something away, and they always do an awsome job.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I try to wash the car once a week (depending on the weather). If I can, I wash it at home with a sponge, a bucket, and a hose. Otherwise, I take it to a touchless carwash.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
[quote author=ppdiaporama link=topic=42962.msg658859#msg658859 date=1144847606]
I try to wash the car once a week (depending on the weather). If I can, I wash it at home with a sponge, a bucket, and a hose. Otherwise, I take it to a touchless carwash.
[/quote]Sponge... ugh, *shiver* :shock:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts