FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New world order

Aston Martin - Totally exclusive, no low end "starter" cars, share components with Jaguar - models of high-tech, luxury

Jaguar - Merges completely with Land Rover.  Shares invisible parts with Aston Martin and Land Rover.  Develop more high-tech luxury look for interior of vehicles, cutting edge electronics to go along with aluminum shell. push horsepower, drop XTYPE unless willing to invest correctly in product. Better not to have a half-assed product than throw something into the market that will lessen the brand. Offer Bose or other high end "name brand" sound systems

Land Rover - Stay at Top End of Luxury/performance. Kick the ass of of BMW X5, etc. etc. no Freelander...does not belong in Land Rover portfolio

Lincoln - Drop - Redundant with Jag wasting money on old business model of auto industry Focus luxury dollars on Jag interiors and tech!
Mercury - Drop - silly to throw grill on same old same old...money could be spent elsewhere Focus money on Ford

Mazda - leave it alone..doing great. EMergency- new V6 Better horsepower to compete with others, high performance 4s would be nice too

Ford Continue to work closely with Mazda. Emergency new V6 HORSE POWER SELLS! New front-end 500/freestlye. Why no Navigation or Satelite radios? Silly! Get the european Focus over here NOW! Look at new Jetta, soon-to-be Civic, Golf, Cobalt, Focus is going to fall behind fast. Lets come-back with product...not cut backs! Set standard for interior materials....no more hard plastic...Ford use to set the standard! new radio unit heads much needed...very dated looking. Car based utes a must....get on the stick!

Volvo-S60 and S80 looking dated already. Get new product out faster......don't mess up that reputation for safety. No visible Ford parts please!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I'm with you on Getting the new products from paper to the assembly lines faster. Ford seems to be super slow at this. Other than that. Ford needs better designs. I'm so tire and I'm sure most of America of the bland look. Give us some better sheet metal to look at. Better power from the motors. More hybrids for the tree huggers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
These thoughts are interesting but in some respects, anti-choice. It is obvious that Fusion has a huge fan support and rightfully so but the grill and tail lights did not appeal to me. The fresh look and stylish touch caused my wife and I to purchase the Milan. The multi-tone interior really set this car apart from the normal boring attitude. Absolutely no regrets in this decision and every time we look at it, we just want to drive it. It’s been along time since we have felt this kind of excitement about any automobile. The only point in these statements is that what seems to be insignificant to many, caused us to buy the Mercury Milan. That sale caused Ford to pick up market share.
The fact that a lot of the parts between Mercury and Ford are interchangeable, is good for all of us and we should not loose sight of this.
Ford just needs to think things out before they do them. They have proven over the years, that when they do, they hit the ball out of the park. They are on the forefront of the hydrogen internal combustion engine and if we can just get everybody to agree, things will really change in this country.
Just My Opinion!
:nsmile: :nsmile:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I actually like Mercury better than Ford. The Mariner has a ton more class than an Escape. Plus, they all look the same no matter what trim level you get. The Escape base-XLT has dull monotone tan/grey interiors with plastic cladding. The Mariner has painted bumpers and a two tone black/tan interior. My parents have a base 4cyl/FWD and it looks just like the Premier which is $10k more.

Ford should look "American" and Mercury should look "European", which they do now.

Ford could save Linc. if they wanted to. Zypher's strong sales stump me because I don't know who is buying them or what it's taking sales from, so lets pass on that for now. It's a success so leave it alone.

LS- I'd bring back the LS but build it right. Make it the BMW fighter that everybody else has.....and that it tried to be. I actually love the LS, but it's not in the same league as a BMW. Essentially, make it a 4 door Mustang.

Town Car- Just keep updating it untill the people that buy them die off. It's clientell isn't getting any younger so no need for a whole new TC. If I were to put out a new TC, put a Linc. grille on the 427 concept. It would be more of a drivers car, thus bringing in some younger buyers.

MKX- Keep it as is. Sould be a hit in the suburbs where the newest or biggest SUV is a status symbol.

Navigator- As long as rappers/atheletes keep buying it, the rebadged/overpriced Expedition will sell for those who want to have what P Diddy drives.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd like to see a Turbo Diesel engine in one of our smaller cars (kind of like the VW Jetta has) I'd also like to see a V-10 powered Crown Vic!

·
Registered
309 Posts
[quote author=PegAir link=topic=24171.msg586970#msg586970 date=1140408225]
Mercury could become the performance division ..

[/quote]

The problem with Mercury is the dealers. They want to sell to old people. They didn't know how to market the Contour-based Cougar, the XR4TI or the Merkur. All those should have been at Ford dealers who know how to market to young people who want performance and style. Notice how the Maurauder did at Mercury. Ford could have sold lots of them if they were tricked out Crown Vics instead of Mercs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lincoln Town Car

The lincoln town car should not be thrown out but limited in production to people who want it. Lincoln is a name that brings the thought of luxury and prestige.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote author=Showtime link=topic=24171.msg585760#msg585760 date=1140305914]
Ford should look "American" and Mercury should look "European", which they do now.

Ford could save Linc. if they wanted to. Zypher's strong sales stump me because I don't know who is buying them or what it's taking sales from, so lets pass on that for now. It's a success so leave it alone.

LS-  I'd bring back the LS but build it right. Make it the BMW fighter that everybody else has.....and that it tried to be. I actually love the LS, but it's not in the same league as a BMW. Essentially, make it a 4 door Mustang.

Town Car- Just keep updating it until the people that buy them die off. It's clientèle isn't getting any younger so no need for a whole new TC. If I were to put out a new TC, put a Linc. grille on the 427 concept. It would be more of a drivers car, thus bringing in some younger buyers.

MKX- Keep it as is. Should be a hit in the suburbs where the newest or biggest SUV is a status symbol.

Navigator- As long as rappers/athletes keep buying it, the re badged/overpriced Expedition will sell for those who want to have what P Diddy drives.
[/quote]

Excuse Me..... I bought the Zephyr!!! The Zeph is attempting to bring younger buyers into the Lincoln fold. It works!!! The Zephyr is beautifully styled and the interior makes my brothers' MB and Lexus look wimpy. To really bring younger buyers on board, try a SVT type upgrade to complete with AMG and the M type. The engineering is going to happen for the Fusion anyway. So bring a top end version. Caddy's doing it with the CTS-V.

I would agree in keeping the LS, just freshen the face into something more Lincoln like.

The MKX is for the suburbs?? That is stereotypical don't you think??? There are lots of folks that like the versatility of a larger vehicle and the ride height that is just a little taller than most. That doesn't mean that they are soccer moms....

Lincoln is bringing itself out of the old model. It isn't just for "old folks" anymore. I think the TC has a market even today. The TC makes a great limo, and should appeal to those looking for a DTS alternative.

I would support a Jag/Lincoln combo. At least in the dealer space. Take the Jag/Lincoln upscale to compete with the Lexus dealers. Walk around a Lexus, Accra, whatever dealer. They resemble a latte shop more than a car dealer. The average Lincoln dealer around here is tucked away in another (usually Japanese) car dealer. You have to search to find anything more than a picture or two of the Lincoln products. The staff is used to selling cars in a certain manor. Lincolns deserve more. Not snobby, just in keeping with the way the competition is marketing their product....

·
Registered
8 Posts
back in 1995 my grandfather was really close to getting a lincoln tc but opted instead of the chevrolet caprice. Right now lincoln should have an advantage, they offer lots of rebates and they seem to appealing to younger generation.Its only second to cadillac in my opinion

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote author=Steelcity2424 link=topic=24171.msg802697#msg802697 date=1152109849]
back in 1995 my grandfather was really close to getting a Lincoln tc but opted instead of the Chevrolet caprice. Right now Lincoln should have an advantage, they offer lots of rebates and they seem to appealing to younger generation.Its only second to Cadillac in my opinion
[/quote]

Have you looked in a Lincoln and Caddy lately??? There is a reason the Zephyr won awards for the best Luxury car interior.... The Caddys look like a sea of plastic!!!! Thanks for the vote on Lincolns appealing to younger buyers, but the interiors don't even compare!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
fully loaded CTS w/ 260 hp= $43k
fuly loadded MKZ w/ 263 hp = $35k

See the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts