FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of the 18" Edge rims off Ebay like the ones on the new sap '08 but in silver. Total price was $350 shipped. He was originally wanting $100 shipping but since the seller was just in Illinois and I am in Iowa, he accepted $50 for the shipping. I will use this thread to showcase the stages from stock '07 SE with 16" oems to gradually getting these on and then installing some Eibach springs. Should look pretty good on a Silver Birch colored car. These rims are as new and he claims to be in perfect flawless condition. He is selling for his parents who bought an Edge and then bought the chrome oem wheels. I'm pretty stoked.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Solid. Once I get some money, I'll be looking for a set of those.

If you could, would you mind weighing the new 18" wheel before you put new tires on it? I want to know how they compare to the 16" OEMs.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=94946.msg1860733#msg1860733 date=1195266534]
I just got a set of the 18" Edge rims off Ebay like the ones on the new sap '08 but in silver. Total price was $350 shipped. He was originally wanting $100 shipping but since the seller was just in Illinois and I am in Iowa, he accepted $50 for the shipping. I will use this thread to showcase the stages from stock '07 SE with 16" oems to gradually getting these on and then installing some Eibach springs. Should look pretty good on a Silver Birch colored car. These rims are as new and he claims to be in perfect flawless condition. He is selling for his parents who bought an Edge and then bought the chrome oem wheels. I'm pretty stoked.
[/quote]

Did they come with tires, too? That's quite a deal, regardless.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
That's awesome, I really want some Edge 18" wheels.

As for the tires, they may have come with them, but the stock Edge tire (245/60/18) will not fit on our Fusions.

·
Registered
840 Posts
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=94946.msg1861396#msg1861396 date=1195318662]
That's awesome, I really want some Edge 18" wheels.

As for the tires, they may have come with them, but the stock Edge tire (245/60/18) will not fit on our Fusions.
[/quote]

GO GO LIFT KIT. THE ALL NEW OFF ROAD FUSION!

haha, that would be REALLY funny

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No tires. As I stated, the buyer's parents bought the chrome Edge wheels and switched. Some of those wheels/tires are going for over $800 and then you have to get your 18" tires. What's a good all-season well performing 18" tire? Yokohamas look pretty nice at tirerack.com.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I guess Yokos would be a good choice. I mean, it's really whatever you want, dude. IMO, I don't think that I'd probably ever elect to put Yokos on my car, but I'd probably consider their performance and high performance tires.

Just my opinion, but I'd stick with Michelins or Bridgestone tires, but only because those are the ones that I've had luck with in the past. Well, I haven't had too much luck with the Michelin Pilots that I have on this car, but I'm sticking with them at least until I have bald tread!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yes, Kumho tires are good too. I'm actually looking at them as being my next set if I can find the right one. I think I'm going to need aggressive tread because I break tread just about every time I step on it at 20.

·
Registered
102 Posts
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=94946.msg1860733#msg1860733 date=1195266534]
[/quote]

sounds like a cool deal..
are they same as 08 SAP rims?
I've never noticed.....

pictures will be in order....

I can tell you... it will handle better....
I'm not suggesting tires... I've got the GoodYear's that came on the car....
So far, I'm happy... but have nothing to compare them to.

·
Registered
933 Posts
You can also try the new Falken 912s if they come in your size. I've had them on for about 1 month now. I really like them. CR rated them #1 in UHP All Season tires. They ride real nice, and are quiet. However, they rated them low in snow. I'll see how they work out for me. We never really get that much snow. You do in IA. I always have my SUV to drive when it gets really bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts