FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I told myself that I wasn't going to do it. But for the price I paid, I figured "What the hell". If the look like shit, I'll just remove them. I think they might look good at night on a pure black fusion.

Once I can figure out how to download pictures (or find the right disc that allows me) I'll post som pictures to give you all a good loook at what it....well, looks like.

I wanted to just add purple neons in between the front grille. And I may still do that, I'm just having a tough time finding flexable neon in the color I need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=220152489059&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MT:11

For $50. bucks, how can I go wrong? If anyone has any info on where to get at least 20' of flexable purple neon tubes, help a brotha out!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
i hate to be the one to say this but IMO, the whole neon light idea is kinda dead and makes a car look ugly. i've seen my share of neon lights on cars, and its just well, stupid.
but that my opinion. and think that it would be a mistake to buy them.

and especially from ebay, low price = low quality on ebay

·
Registered
371 Posts
I too have seen my share of really bad neon installations but I think bassnutz can do a really good job at giving the illusion that the Fusion is floating. Try placing the lights in different spots and see what looks best before drilling. I think it's worth it since it's so cheap. I'm not sure how they are mounted though but the thought of drilling holes in the underbody are not too thrilling for me. Looking forward to the pictures.

Happy moding!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Even though it seems underbodies have somewhat lost their appeal, I think they can still look cool. Now, purple neons... are an excellent choice! That will look really good with your all black car.

I had some blue neons on my Contour years ago and they lasted for a few months up until winter came. Although, it's not very surprising why one broke, my favorite winter pass time is tokyo drifting through a couple feet of snow lol. So as long as you don't pretend you're driving a 4x4 when it starts snowing, the eBay neons might last.

·
Registered
910 Posts
not a big fan of the whole neons under cars thing but come on man purple? If I bothered I'd go blue myself

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=89786.msg1775589#msg1775589 date=1192183012]
I know I made comments in this thread a few weeks ago :thinking:
[/quote]

Ditto. What the deuce?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I had red neons under my old Eclipse a few years ago... my advice: watch out for possums! no joke, one night I ran over a pair of possums in the road and they took out two of my neon tubes... I loved the look but I didn't get to enjoy it for long. Good luck and post pics when you get it set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.