FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for my Milan. I'll check back in when I get them installed. The next step is 18" Enkei J-10 rims with Kumho ECSTA AST tires. Just have to save a bit more for that one... :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think you'll be the first milan to be dropped. I'm still waiting for this weather to change before I get started on my milan. Def post pics.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. I'll get some before and afters. It'll be a couple of weeks. Shipped ground. Hate waiting... :?

·
Registered
21 Posts
ifyou don't mind me asking, how much were the springs, and where did you order them from?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't mind at all. $217.00 shipped and I ordered them from Shox.com. Just got tracking info, they should arrive on Thursday or Friday. Won't be able to install them til the following weekend (sigh).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you done the installation yet? I'm thinking about doing this for my I4 Fusion (5-Spd). Does anyone know how using lowering springs affects wheel alignment? Can I still have the car aligned to the factory specs at a standard place like Firestone?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Install is planned for this weekend. As for the alignment, I am assuming (there is that word) that any knowledgeable shop with the right gear can properly align it after the install. Not sure if the specs change with the new springs but the principle is the same, (camber and toe, etc., yes?) Somebody with tech knowledge wanna make me look silly? :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
post some pics asap, please. I have a milan and very interested in see a milan dropped. thanks :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hehe I am very interested in seeing MY Milan dropped. Was supposed to do it last weekend but life keeps intruding on my plans... :lmp180psu: Set up to do it this weekend, I'll put up pics for sure.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OKAY!! Installed the springs yesterday. I am liking it. :D My wife had the camera but I'll take some pics at lunch today and post up tonight.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, the car is filthy and the pictures suck (I am somehow incapable of taking a decent picture) but perhaps you can get an idea.

Before:

After:

Front wheel before and after:

Rear before and after:

I'll try to get some better pics so you can actually see a diff between the tires and wheel wells. :?

Anyhow, the install was relatively painless. Took about 4 non hurried hours. Minimal tools were required (10mm, 14mm, 15mm sockets, strut compressors, lug wrench, jackstands and some common sense). The results are well worth the effort (not that you can tell from MY photos) as it really improves the look. The ride is like a different car. A fair amount firmer but not harsh. Most noticable is how level the car stays during acceleration and breaking. Much less nose dive and 'squat'. I'll give it a bath this weekend and let someone else take some pics... :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
love the white, i have black! the car looks awsome lowered, have loads of fun :klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Here are my before and after photos with my Eibach springs. I've been riding on them for about 2,500 miles and I'm really happy with the results. The top picture is before:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good, MRC. I'm liking mine more all the time. The difference in look is subtle. Can't wait to save enough for my rims and tires. :|

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Don't worry...you'll really love it once you get some shiny wheels and some fat tires on it. It really tightens up the profile of the car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wow that Milan looks really low, lower than the Fusion. A quick visit to the Eibach site and found that the P/N for both the Milan and the Fusion is the same. However, the Milan drop is, 1.0f & 1.2r while the Fusion drop is 1.6f, 1.6r. The Milan must be lower stock than the Fusion.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Remember, we have different size wheels too. Perhaps the difference in look to you is due to that and picture angle

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey mrc, is your rear wheel gap the same as his? Can you take a photo of your car from the same anlge as skull_cowboy's (straight on of each wheel?) That would definitively set the record straight. Maybe it is the wheel size that's making me think it's so low.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the fusion has a higher spring rate from the factory. the milan has a softer spring rate, so the car sits lower from the factory. when you put eibach springs on either car they sit the same afterwards.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts